Brake swap complete, but...

Fastcat

My pedal still goes all the way down to the floor. Ive bled the brakes 3 or 4 times and no air seems to be in the line. what am I doing wrong?!

What brake swap did u do? Cobra? If so mine does it also. I haven't had any problems braking they work great. they just go to the floor if u stand on them sitting still. I'm not sure if its due to the hoses expanding or the stock master cylinder wasn't designed to push enough fluid to actuate the dual pistons.

Bob's right and I'd try that first. The rear brakes require the ABS method of bleeding. The ignition has to be 'on' to activate the ABS pump and you don't push down on the brake pedal at all - you just release the bleed screw for about 10 seconds at a time and the system bleeds itself.

Joisey Jim said:
Bob's right and I'd try that first. The rear brakes require the ABS method of bleeding. The ignition has to be 'on' to activate the ABS pump and you don't push down on the brake pedal at all - you just release the bleed screw for about 10 seconds at a time and the system bleeds itself.

I converted my ABS over to the conventional style brakes so "key on" wouldnt help me out any.... What about that little rod thingy that sticks out of the brack booster, going into the master cylinder.... Could that need adjusting?

Fastcat said:
I converted my ABS over to the conventional style brakes so "key on" wouldnt help me out any.... What about that little rod thingy that sticks out of the brack booster, going into the master cylinder.... Could that need adjusting?

I adjusted mine about as far out as it would go, and it helped, but I think that rod could be longer....

Another note, the link from booster to pedal does not have enoguht to force to engage the brake light switch to after half pedal, I had to take my brake light switch apart and cut the spring nd now it work sperfect, I took about 2 coils off....

The pedal is realy light, but sometimes it seems firmer??? I keep rechecking everyhitng,and there seem to be no leaks or loss of fluid, so I am gonna bleed mine agian this weekend and see if it helps.

Which method and order did ya bleed the brakes???

Back