Rear Shocks?

ve3lt

Does anyone know of who makes an aftermarket shock for the rear of a 90SC as they are no longer available from Ford of Canada...Mine need replacement very soon!
My car is beginning to float a bit and the "Firm" lights seems to come on occasionally on a heavy turn or bumpy road. Is there a anyone who knows of some NOS (new old stock) anywhere in America.(you usually find some guy in Virginia with a barn full of hoarded older parts?)
Please let me know if you have any info regarding this.

Koni, KYB, Tokico, and Bilstein all make replacement shocks for the SC. Only the Tokicos retain the ARC. Also, any rear shock for 89-97 LX Birds and Cougars will also work.

Shane

If you want to keep the stock ride control system then there is only one available replacement from Tokico (original OEM supplier), called the Illumina 2. Best price I found was at Shox.com. In fact I have 2 new spare ones that I was going to put on my '93 before I sold it. If you want them I would accept $85 ea. plus shipping, preferably by Paypal. Send me a private message if you need them.

Tom, the OEM 1990 rear shocks are still available up here. I can sell them to you for about $143 each plus taxes.

You know how to get in touch with me if you need to order them. :)

cheers
Ed N.

Thanks Ed. You seem to be a wealth of knowledge as two other Dealers around here told me there was no such animal!
I will get in touch with you soon as I am in the middle of a move right now.
Talk to you in about a week or so?
Thanks for the help from all the rest of the posters as well.

Jim, those are still available under Motorcraft part number AM-572-G. However, Canadian Ford dealers are not permitted to export parts or vehicles to the U.S. So I'd suggest trying Dan Newman, dan AT fordpartshq.com .

cheers
Ed N.

Back