Mustang V6 with a eaton M90 supercharger on it

jorgehernan

I installed an Eaton supercharger on my Mustang V6. I also installed a camshaft (.216,.226), fuel regulator, ported and polish heads, 3.73 rear end, 65mm TB, 73mm MAFS for 24lbs injectors, 24lbs injectors, 170 psi in tank fuel pump, H pipe exhaust, two dinomay cat convertors instead of 4 and a diablo chip. I am having some problems on idler speed when I turn on my AC. If I using my AC and I make a stop, the car will turn off. What can I do??

Just a few questions:

Where does your Mustang idle at with the A/c off? Does it idle fine with the A/c off?

Does you chip include your new mods?

With your setup, you may need larger injectors.

without the Ac the idle is 950rpm, ok. Wiht the Ac the idle come down to 850rpm and stay there.
Yes, my chip includes the new modifications.
Adn last, i will change the inyectors and MAFS in the future. Now i already spend to much. Here in Costa Rica we have to pay a lot of taxes when import parts. So the new injectors are in my plans but for the future.
Thanks

jorgehernan,

I suggest you try to contact V6Sprout on this board. He has a '94 or '95 Mustang in which he has swapped a SuperCoupe motor from an '89 or '90 SC. He's still running the Mustang electronics including the whole wiring harness. I believe Jamie is using an EEC tuner to tweak things. He may have some advice for you.

I've got a spare set of 30lb injectors from an '89 SuperCoupe. Do you get a break on import taxes if the parts are used? Drop me an email if you're interested in the injectors.

Best regards,

Sean

SeanMatteson

Thanks. I will email the guy you are telling to but for now I not going to spend more money. Here they tax over the value. They do not care if the parts are new or used. That is the way here. I know it sounds crazy and it is.
Thanks

hey bro, I am interested in seeing your engine setup and how you got the blower to work, I used a copmplete SC motor instead of bolting the blower on the mustang block, there were doubts about how much the stock mustang pistons and rods copuld handle with the roots M90 blower, email me and I'll see what I can do to help ya out.

Ok. I do not have scanner so I can not place any images. What I made first was a piece with an special presission tool to enlarge the end of the supercharger and use just one belt for all. But I am getting just 8.5 psi boost so I am planning to install all the brackets and pullies from SC to convert my mustang in a 3 belt system. After this I am going to compare the boost I am getting and then decide which system I am going to use. But the mustang V6 motor have pistons that they are almost flatted and they are strong pistons. So you do not have to change all motor to an SC to installed a supercharger. I compared the V6 pistons with the 5.0 and V6 are better desing and more flatted than the 5.0. So you can use the v6 mustang motor. I am planning to take my car to a Dyno. I think I can get 290 or more rwhp. I will see.
Thanks

Back