PDA

View Full Version : Anyone wanting stainless door sills?

Back n black bird
11-08-2005, 09:51 PM
Very shortly i will have stainless door sills, they will come with double sided tape and have "THUNDERBIRD" etched across them. You can either mount it on top of the existing sill or remove the sill and place this in its spot. ALSO i will be making a custom radiator guide (dress up panel) for the thunderbirds and cougars also. And finally i will be having hood sliders made from stainless to replace the stock unit. All products will be available in either brushed stainless or mirrored stainless. I haven't figured out prices yet but roughly:

door sills-$70
radiator guide-$60
hood slider-$25

email me if your interested in these parts (driving_ferrari@hotmail.com) air guide and hood sliders are ready to be ordered in both finishes, the door sills will be ready in a week or so. Along with pictures etc.

Jamie Fauht
www.carztuff.com

Thanks and i hope to hear from you shortly.

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/337/james0039dp.jpg
this picture is of my buddy Bill's car. The hood slider looks exactly like that ( i made it for him) He has a different radiator guide, but mine will look similar (same spot) This is just to give you an idea how it brightens up the front end nicely.

trife86
11-08-2005, 10:08 PM
would double side tape be durable enough for the door sills? why not just make a screw hole in them for where the stockers are

PearlBird
11-08-2005, 10:11 PM
I'd be interested in a set of sills.

A little fyi, I believe the 89-93 models sills are shorter than the 94/95's

Brad Klein
11-08-2005, 10:30 PM
would double side tape be durable enough for the door sills? why not just make a screw hole in them for where the stockers are
yeah the tape should be fine there are alot of spoilers that are fastened with tape plus most of the import sills are held on with tape

Back n black bird
11-08-2005, 11:44 PM
Yea i thought about that, but made sure i got the industrial strength type that is used for sticking on emblems and moldings on vehicles so it should hold up nicely. As for the sizes i personally think it would look best to remove the sill completely and put these stainless ones where the old sill went, so i suggest doing it that way. That way size wouldn't matter as long as it covers the holes where the sill clips go. I'll get some pictures shortly of everything so you guys get an idea of what you are buying. I'm not here to rip anyone off, i have been around SC's for 7-8 years..i had on awhile back on 18's and crap but someone stole it and the police found it torched with the wheels missing. I'm just trying to offer some good products at a good price to customize your cars.

AsScLoWn
11-09-2005, 03:30 AM
sounds like a scam, hmmm, how does stainless steel hold up to extreme underwater deep sea diving pressures and sunlight rays? :confused:

Quik95SC
11-09-2005, 10:35 AM
Yes I would be interested, it would add a nice touch to the SC, let's see what you have and I will let you know.

Smitty

Thomas A
12-04-2005, 11:01 PM
Just wondering if you had gotten the final fitment and installation details worked out on the sill plates. Thanks!

Thomas

pablon2
12-07-2005, 10:28 AM
How thick are these sill plates?

SanDiegoLXBird
03-10-2006, 12:34 AM
Anybody ever end up with a set of these?

pablon2
03-10-2006, 08:40 AM
Anybody ever end up with a set of these?

I got a set. They look nice. Good set of instructions too. Haven't installed them yet. I am waiting to put anything cosmetic on my car until after my engine is installed. This includes the sills, new headlights, hood, and air dam.

Grims95SC
03-10-2006, 02:59 PM
http://img287.imageshack.us/img287/8894/img03810qt.jpg
Here's a picture of the final product for those who're interested.

littleboylan
03-10-2006, 03:15 PM
Heres a pic of a test fit on the Airguide piece....

pablon2
03-10-2006, 03:50 PM
Heres a pic of a test fit on the Airguide piece....

Gee, your engine bay looks just like mine....red and empty. :o

littleboylan
03-11-2006, 12:45 AM
Gee, your engine bay looks just like mine....red and empty. :o

LOL, Thats fing Funny!!! Maybe cause its getting late.

Anyways Im in the middle of a top end rebuild, and am installing that cam, from catwithboost, I think I read were you have the same one. PM me with some tips, lol. See ya

skydivr7673
03-11-2006, 03:00 AM
I think I would like it better if they said Thunderbird SC on them....there was a guy from Canada I think--a few weeks ago he was selling some sets of the stainless door sills for $50 a set. They looked good too, but I was just more interested in fixing my blown radiator at the time....

pablon2
03-11-2006, 03:51 AM
I think I would like it better if they said Thunderbird SC on them....there was a guy from Canada I think--a few weeks ago he was selling some sets of the stainless door sills for $50 a set. They looked good too, but I was just more interested in fixing my blown radiator at the time....

Time to clear a few things up here. The guy that started this thread IS the guy from Canada that has been selling these. Also, just let him know you want yours to read "Thunderbird SC". That is what mine reads.

leeklimala
03-12-2006, 10:02 PM
If I didn't need shox, springs, and a bunch of other stuff they'd be great

Still Crusin
03-12-2006, 10:40 PM
If I didn't need shox, springs, and a bunch of other stuff they'd be great

Amen brother. I'm in same predicament. I'm just happy to finally have some money to get those things fixed. I did, however, splurge on some wheel blling.

SanDiegoLXBird
03-12-2006, 10:42 PM
So did anybody buy a set of these?