Porting blower-With A FILE!!

WinnipegSC

well i lost my dremel tool musta left it back at my rents house on the opther ised of the city. So i resorted to porting the V opening in the blower by hand witha file and i must say .. wow does it even make it take a while LOL but the good side is it allows me to make sure its razor strait at all times its kinda nice in that way .. anyone else ever done this?

PS" yes i did put a ruber matt inside teh blower as to not bottom the file out on it

If you don't feel comfortable in disassembly of the blower do to skill or fear, why do you think it's a good idea to start porting? Metal filings will go everywhere and will work themsleves into the rear bearings or worse eventually into the engine.

Do it right with the right tools or forget it. You need a die grinder and some good cutters for aluminum. I used a file to finish my home porting on the outlet, but trying to file away 1/4" of material is dumb. Nothing wrong with trying to duplicate a Maganaport though.

Porting the outlet wont help as much as the inlet side anyway. The 89-93 and 94-95 blowers have the same size outlet, but which blower flows more? The inlet on early blowers is where the problem is.

If you do decide to do a port then rebuild the blower at the same time. Contact Tbird88 for the parts or have him do the bearing for you.

Back