my rims...

J

jpaitala

my rims...

I promised to post a photo of my rims... I sanded them down, primed and painted them myself. And they are ready now.
I got my car from paint shop just a moment ago and
I'll post photos of my car later today... I'll have to finnish it up now.

vanne.jpg

Re: my rims...

They look great. Now lets see the car....

Jim Long

Re: my rims...

Just an afterthought...
Anyone thought of powdercoating their rims? I was toying with the idea of color matching them to the exterior color of my SC (white).

Re: Well...

I've often thought that once my Cobra R's get trashy of powder coating mine white. I think white rims would go quite well with my teal car.

Dale

sc-bridge.jpg

Re: Well...

I think that Rich of MN12 Performance had his R's colored black to match his car. Even though he no longer has that car, I sure someone has a pic of it.

powdercoding

How hard is powdercoding? Do you usually do this yourself or have a pro place do this. I was thinking about doing this and just wanted the heads up.

Re: powdercoding

It's not that bad. BTW, mine is the white one pictured above. I got the 18's in silver powder coating for $199/each. I then found a factory here in CT that would sand blast them, color match to my car, and powder coat them. It was $75 per wheel and $125 for the color match, or $425 total. They gave me a can of touch up paint too. It looks greta in my opinion, but it really takes a white car to pull it off. If you want to check out the place that did the work they are at www.pmfinishing.com. Ask for Cregg. The only problem I've had with the 18's is having to roll the beack wheel wells to get 9" wheels in there and that I didn't get hub centric rings when I got the rims, but pu them on 2 weeks later.

Back