hrms.

patrick5678

I was under the hood of my friends new 95 SC automatic today and I noticed something strange. The throttle body had 3 spots for cables to be hooked up to it but only ONE was there!!! there where 2 other spots that looked like the should have something attached to them! ~~~ is up with that? Obviously the one that is there is the actuall gas pedal tho.

Jake

There's IAC and throttle position on one side, then the throttle cable attaches to the left. If you're looking at it that is....

no I mean just on the moving butterfly or whatever its called. there is even a gromet on one of them telling me there WAS a cable there. I'm thinking one should be there for Cruise Control and mebbe another for the trans?

Jake

The throttle cable is always attached to the cruise control which just push and pull off of the butterfly flap on the little ball.

On a 95, there should be 2 cables running to the throttle body, the throttle cable and the cruise control cable.

On 89-93's there is also a TV cable, which is basically the kickdown cable for the AOD transmission.

-Rod

On 89-93 5 speed cars, the hole on the throttle linkage for the TV cable is not used. Sometimes they have a grommet and sometimes they don't. Not sure about 94-95 5 speeds, but all aftermarket TBs will have the open hole when used on a 5 speed.

David

Back