Pics of stock oil cooler?

S_Mazza

Does anyone have pics of the stock engine oil cooler, either on or removed from the engine? I am thinking of installing a remote oil filter kit and want to know what I need to account for when I do.

If I do get the remote filter, I might just remove the stock cooler and install an aftermarket oil cooler in line with the filter.

Also, how does the oil cooler mount? Does it screw in like the oil filter does?

Thanks in advance.

S_Mazza said:
Does anyone have pics of the stock engine oil cooler, either on or removed from the engine? I am thinking of installing a remote oil filter kit and want to know what I need to account for when I do.

If I do get the remote filter, I might just remove the stock cooler and install an aftermarket oil cooler in line with the filter.

Also, how does the oil cooler mount? Does it screw in like the oil filter does?

Thanks in advance.

Here you go man!.... just so happens that i'm disassembling an SC engine right now; engine is on the stand so it was easy to take these pics. Once you remove the 2 coolant hoses, just unscrew the oil filter. you'll see a big hex nut, you'll need a 1 1/16 socket for that, just unscrew it and the whole assembly will come right off.

Since I'm posting this I've got a TON of parts I'm going to be listing for sale as soon as I get them all cleaned up.... PM me if you need anything.

Attachments

• MVC-001F.JPG
    MVC-001F.JPG
    128.3 KB · Views: 362
  • MVC-002F.JPG
    MVC-002F.JPG
    130.7 KB · Views: 317
  • oil cooler 1.JPG
    oil cooler 1.JPG
    125.5 KB · Views: 563
  • oil cooler 2.JPG
    oil cooler 2.JPG