transmission problems!!HELP!!!!!!!!

austinxtreme512

its an automatic transmission

Well, my car runs GREAT when its cold!! then when the engine warms up, the transmission in first gear feels like it grinds, and sometimes barely moves when im at a complete stop with my foot off the peddle, then when i press it(this is when the engine is hot) the car starts to shake REAL bad as if the gears are grinding, this is only when its in first gear jumping in to second gear, remember that when its cold, it does NOT do this but when its warm, it does!!! ok, well when my car is rolling without me pressing the peddle and when i gradually push it it jerks my car and then when it finnally gets to change gears(1st to 2nd) it jerks REAL bad as if it sling shot the gear or something! but after the first gear, the gears change just right no problems, but its just when im at a stop light or just at a stop in general, it does that when the engine is HOT i might add, it does NOT do this when its cold, WHAT GIVES??? its no fun haing this problem and i dont have the money to fix it!!! so help me with this problem if you've had it b4!!! thanks in advance!!

Just an idea: Change tranny fluid if you haven't done it lately. If you have, check levels. Also, it sounds like it only happens with the tranny fluid heats up.....so you might wanna install a temp gauge and a secondary tranny cooler. (Plate design is preferred).

Don't forget to drain the torque converter while you're at it....A close inspection of the fluid that you drain from the system can give you some indication as to the tranny's overall condition.......

If it's an AOD, you might want to adjust the TV-cable also

changed the fluids in it yesterday, shifts a little better but still does the rough shifting when it heats up!! I dont get how it can shift perfectly when the engines cold but then when its hot, it shifts rough, doesnt make sense to me, also, can you PLEASE explain to me about the TV cables!!! how do i adjust them and what position do they need to be in, im sorry, i never messed with a tranny b4, all the help i can get will be GREATLY appriciated!!! thanks!

Back