PDA

View Full Version : 2006 SC Shootout Location!!!

XR7 Dave
11-10-2005, 04:21 PM
Ok guys, the voting for the diehards has been completed and those who voted have been duly recognised. Now, for the rest of you! :)

Are you interested in an SC Shootout? Would you attend? How far would you drive to PARTICIPATE? Participation doesn't mean just drag racing. Participation means are you willing to spend up to $100 to get into the track, maybe take a few passes down the strip, eat lunch and dinner with all the other SC enthusiasts, get a cool T-shirt, maybe win some raffle prizes, and just generally hang out with the coolest crowd on the net?

If that describes you, vote below!

IMPORTANT! The votes below are for interest sake only. If you are serious about attending and would put up the $$ to "participate" if the event were close enough for you, then pony up $25 and paypal it to shootout@alltel.net. The money will be your deposit towards your registration fee PROVIDED that the SC Shootout is close enough to you that you could make it.

The cool thing here is that YOU decide how far you'd travel! That's right! Just include a note telling us how far you'd travel and if we can't meet your requirement you get your money back!

Nothing to lose and a great opportunity to not only support but also participate with your SuperCoupe Community!!

:D

Any questions? Post away!

Remember, vote here for fun, but if you'd seriously attend and participate, then send your money in - NO RISK if we can't make it work for you!

SCrazy
11-10-2005, 04:50 PM
2000+ miles - I'm certifiable and I'll prove it!

What the heck a few hundred more miles won't hurt.

Big Cat Davo
11-10-2005, 06:08 PM
LOL, Brian, I was thinking the same thing.

Dave

Kurt K
11-10-2005, 08:21 PM
I might even go more than 1000 miles if I can have a trailer by then.

the-big-e
11-10-2005, 09:17 PM
How will I get 3 SCs to the shootout?

The closer the better....

seawalkersee
11-10-2005, 10:03 PM
I think walking distance is too far...Screw it...come on over and stay at my house and we will race on the local two lane :D Im sure that a few of the county brownies and I can keep it closed for a 1/2 mi...This way...my tow rig wont break............................................. .................................................. .. .................................................. .................................................. ... .................................................. ..........................................again.

Chris

Jeremy_K
11-10-2005, 11:38 PM
I won't mind at all if it's in the Northeast. We can go visit all of our family in NY after the shootout and make a vacation out of it. :)

PHRANQUY
11-11-2005, 02:06 PM
650 miles isn't that bad...800 isn't unreasonable either. Hell, drove to Detroit and back in January, we were there back, and unloaded the motor in 24 hours on the nose.

XR7 Dave
11-11-2005, 07:08 PM
Come on guys, you in this or no?

:D

Seriously.

Been crunching some numbers and sharpening some pencils and I've come up with an idea. Hear me out and then speak up if you think I'm on to something here.

Lets consider an East - West Shootout.

That's right people. I've taken my list of confirmed supporters (guys with the $$) and added those who've voted here, plus a few that are MIA but I feel pretty sure will attend, and here is what we have.

Suppose just for a minute that KCIR in Kansas City was the location of the Western Shootout. :eek:

We have the following people CONFIRMED to participate:

John Shelton
Mike Debracini
Dave Sabados
Jeremy Kovaks
Todd Jelle
Michelle Huffman
Dave Rowe
Doug Franklin
Charles Brown
Thomas Aden
Charles Aden
Andy McMurty
Marc Petillo
Duane Nettles
Kurt Kreisz
David Neibert
Tony Serno
Randy Baker
Mike Sizemore
Tracy Harm
Mike Harms
Sam Malone
Matt Burgess
James Smith........Total 24

Unconfirmed voters:

Rod Maksimovich
Jerrod Imerbthama
Scott Bruhn
Birdofprey97
Phranquy
Jason Meinholdt......Total 30

Others whom I think would attend a KS meet:

Chris Zwemke
Rodney Bushong
Julian Miller
Micah Miller
Chris Walker
Rich Bruhn
Tim Keiss
David Dalke
Paul Meadows.......Total 39

It's starting to sound possible......

Now on to an Eastern Shootout at say Dragway 42 in Ohio or Pittsburg Raceway Park:

Confirmed paying supporters:

Jimmy White
Mike Boylan
David Dalke
Shane Glynn
Craig Guest
Ed Nicholson
Andrew Wang
Ryan Harris
Kevin Leitem
Steve Nicholson
Steve Webb
Ken Seegers
Dave Ward
Ira Robinson
Jim Oneill
Mark Belush
Tyler Smith
Edward Andrews
Mike Tuck
Brian Oatway Total.......20

Unconfirmed voters:

Bill McNeil
Damon Baumann
Dan Sly
Bruce Total.......24

People whom I think would participate in an eastern venue:

Mark Kovalcik
Mike Irving
Stan Wodzisz
Ryan Ruvolo
Bill Hein
Chris Lazzo
Anthony Rongo
Joe Brauner
Brandon Weichey
Sean Matteson
Doug Willliams
Anthony Arnold
David Neibert
Kurt Kreisz
Casey McCarty
Tony Serno Total......40

I'm sure I've missed some people but is this starting to sound feasible? Is there anyone who would add their name to the list if they knew that the SC Shootout would be held at one of these venue's?

Let us know!

XR7 Dave
11-11-2005, 07:11 PM
And yes, I know this assumes that some of you (us) would attend both. Kurt, you just might get the chance to show how crazy you really are. :D

Kurt K
11-11-2005, 07:46 PM
And yes, I know this assumes that some of you (us) would attend both. Kurt, you just might get the chance to show how crazy you really are. :D
I was already going to reply that I would almost rather travel to race in Pittsburg before I read your reply. Basically I need to travel to wherever Dan Sly is racing so I can get through to the finals :p

CMac89
11-11-2005, 09:33 PM
I would definitely come to an eastern event. It just depends when the location is decided on though. If we know 6months or more prior to the event then that leaves good opportunities for planning.

For me (not that it matters) I would see what rig I could use to tow the car down or if I would just drive it or not. I would feel silly towing an SC with a 32ft toterhome with a 30ft double stacker, in which, is all I own towing wise.

xThunderbirdSCx
11-11-2005, 10:50 PM
Dave,

Ill drive if its within a day, but i sure as heck would need a caravan of people. I drive 3 hours and i get bored and tired. If i had like a group of 4 or so SCs to drive to it with, ill go halfway across america. I just put 400 miles in the scenario i would have to drive alone. Expect my 25 bucks when my finances get in order.

Bill

83GT460
11-12-2005, 12:04 AM
David am I reading this correctly, you are planning to split everything up and have two Shootouts? As for me I would prefer to go wherever the most cars will be, and distance really doesn't matter to me. If I drive my car and I break it 800 miles from home in KC I am no better off than if I break it 1200 miles from home in Ohio. I say decide on one spot and lets have the Shootout, you are not going to make everyone happy and some won't attend even if it is in there own back yard

Charles

XR7 Dave
11-12-2005, 09:34 AM
Haven't planned anything yet, just discussing options. We need to nail our plan by the end of the month so we can make arrangements with the race track(s).

The more people who vote, the better informed decision we can make. :)

Jeremy_K
11-12-2005, 11:32 AM
Dave, you can move me over to the Eastern shootout seeing as I'd rather just go to one and visit my family in the Northeast after. Vacation days are gonna be scarce this year for me.:)

seawalkersee
11-12-2005, 04:22 PM
Dave, you can move me over to the Eastern shootout seeing as I'd rather just go to one and visit my family in the Northeast after. Vacation days are gonna be scarce this year for me.:)
Sheesh....fire guys...:D

Chris

pro street rich
11-12-2005, 10:20 PM
I should be there, the one thing that would kill it is Scott upcoming wedding. That is set for the first part of Sept. That would be the only thing that would stop me as of right now...Had my jury duty, so I am good for three more years on that...So you will have to put up with me again and I will bring something new this time.....and yes it will be FAST......Rich

tim
11-13-2005, 01:44 PM
If I can make it in a day I will be there. I have a new tow truck now I need a trailer.:D

racecougar
11-13-2005, 09:32 PM
Suppose just for a minute that KCIR in Kansas City was the location of the Western Shootout. :eek:

Unconfirmed voters:

Rod Maksimovich......

If we did split it up, and the Western one is at KCIR, I can pretty well guarantee that I'll be there.

-Rod

92strokedbird
11-13-2005, 09:52 PM
So now we are voting on two shootouts instead of one,i did not realise this.When did this take place?

XR7 Dave
11-13-2005, 10:14 PM
No, it was just a suggestion. We are considering all options and trying to find a venue or venues which suit the greatest number of people. I just hate to leave people out. :(

SilverCasket
11-14-2005, 05:11 AM
As many of you at Carlisle know that a PA event sounds close enough for NJTaCC Names to show up for a weekend. We usually rally 20+ cars from our club that goto Carlisle every year. Weird (and sad) as it sounds, just the sound of Ohio would keep a majority of the NJ club from going (even if it is close to Pitts'). But a Pitts PA meet would be easy to swing a smooth dozen and a half or more. .... Most of those names aren't on the list, but would make a PA weekend event. Considering a good number make the NJ events as a small extended family, here's some names of the people I know that are people who'd show that aren't on the list:

Bryan Moore
Jim O'Neill
Jim Granitzki
Don O'Neill
Rodger Haas
John Miller
Victor Palumbo
Hoat Pham
Pat Ragozzino

There are some I'm forgetting that show for all our meets. But it's late & I'm tired.

Anthony

Ken Seegers
11-14-2005, 12:25 PM
As many of you at Carlisle know that a PA event sounds close enough for NJTaCC Names to show up for a weekend. We usually rally 20+ cars from our club that goto Carlisle every year. Weird (and sad) as it sounds, just the sound of Ohio would keep a majority of the NJ club from going (even if it is close to Pitts'). But a Pitts PA meet would be easy to swing a smooth dozen and a half or more. .... Most of those names aren't on the list, but would make a PA weekend event. Considering a good number make the NJ events as a small extended family, here's some names of the people I know that are people who'd show that aren't on the list:

Bryan Moore
Jim O'Neill
Jim Granitzki
Don O'Neill
Rodger Haas
John Miller
Victor Palumbo
Hoat Pham
Pat Ragozzino

There are some I'm forgetting that show for all our meets. But it's late & I'm tired.

Anthony

Anthony,
Come on.......the drive time for most of nj guys is an additional 1.5 hours from me. I do not think that is too much traveling.

Later
Ken
PS your et streets hooked!!!

SilverCasket
11-14-2005, 01:19 PM
I agree. .. Just mentioning what I know from the past with everyone here in NJ ... We get together enough for me to have an idea of who would go where. .. Everyone usually brings the whole family to our events, so it's safe to say a mind over matter thing would come into play as saying "Ohio" ... No matter to me where. I make it when it makes sense to me. Kansas didn't cuz I'd have to drive the SC there & back. Chances are that wouldn't work out to well. ... Norwalk didn't work cuz I didn't have a trans worked out. .. St. Louis was good for me cuz I had the trailer & my mechanic with me. ;)

Pitts would be good & I could commit to it. ... But an Ohio trip would be one of those, I'll see if anything is going on that weekend & trail out from there. ... Unless I had a trailer & truck & mechanic. ... But whatever, those are just my thoughts. I know there are people who'd travel in the SC for thousands of miles. Wish I had that enthusiasm.

Anthony

David Neibert
11-14-2005, 01:21 PM
Dave,

I think splitting up the Shootout into two locations in the same year is a huge mistake. As you know, the biggest problem will be getting enough sponsorship to cover the cost of both events.

David

Quik95SC
11-14-2005, 01:24 PM
Dave and rest of gang,
I'm going to make at least one of them, if not both, I am located in between both of them, with OH being just a tad closer. Either way I will attend one but most likely both events if it turns out to be 2 places.

Had a great time last year and will duplicate the drive in either direction.

Have trailer, will travel.

Smitty

Jeremy_K
11-14-2005, 04:37 PM
I'm amazed how many people can't or won't keep their SCs maintained well enough to make a long trip with them. Grow some nutz already! It seems to be a popular excuse.:D I vote for East coast and 1 shootout. If you're not dedicated then Oh well!

Kurt K
11-14-2005, 11:48 PM
I'm amazed how many people can't or won't keep their SCs maintained well enough to make a long trip with them. Grow some nutz already! It seems to be a popular excuse.:D I vote for East coast and 1 shootout. If you're not dedicated then Oh well!It's not so much that many of the cars can't make the long trip, but more that they are afraid of breaking at the track. I know I drive almost 1800 miles round-trip to Carlisle almost every year and 2000 miles round-trip to Florida about every 2 year withour any worries, but I still plan on using a trailer to get to next year's shootout. Of course that's only if I own a trailer by then.

Jeremy_K
11-15-2005, 12:09 AM
The track was the best place to break down at this year's shootout!:p Talk about helping a brother out! I think we should have it wherever there was the best all around turnout for a shootout. Not everyone can have it in their back yard. Especially us western desert rats. I just hope we get a place nailed down soon so we can begin planning.

racecougar
11-15-2005, 12:09 AM
Kurt hit the nail on the head. I'd trust my cars for long distances, but at the track is a different story. Plus, I've learned that my cars will only break when they are as far away from home as possible. :(

-Rod

Jeremy_K
11-15-2005, 12:17 AM
I'm gonna save up a nice pot of money so if I break something either there or during the trip I can get it fixed. Aparrently blowing a tranny or a halfshaft at the track is no biggie as far as getting it swapped. When I get home, if nothing has broke then I'll go shopping for go fast parts with the money I saved. that's my plan and I'm sticking to it!:) This year I was taking a gamble by driving 550 miles there, racing, and driving back on a very tight budget with no extra money if something broke. It was nerve racking and I won't do it again.

pro street rich
11-15-2005, 12:19 AM
Last year I put together a good deal for the shootout team to look at. There is a lot of other things to do as well. Sure it is in my back yard, but just keep in mind, the event is always in someone's back yard.....If you want I will put together another deal for us if that is what is wanted....It may be a bit too north, but the track is good for times, the dyno is close, and there are a lot of other good things going for it......Rich

traveler
11-15-2005, 12:53 AM
I would definitely attend ANY large gathering of MN12's at KCIR or even Heartland Raceway, Topeka. Heartland, by the way, has both a top quality Drag Strip and a Road Course for those who like to go fast in a straight line AND around corners.

(I've got to get on here more often, just to keep up!)

racecougar
11-15-2005, 03:52 AM
Heartland, by the way, has both a top quality Drag Strip and a Road Course for those who like to go fast in a straight line AND around corners.

Now that would be cool. I really wouldn't mind having a little autocross action at the shootout. :D

-Rod

SCrazy
11-16-2005, 09:26 AM
I think I'm with Dave N on this one. I seems hard to fathom that we could pull together the financial support for two events.

If two events did happen I would attend both, timing would be a little tricky however as they would need to be a month or so apart for the people who would do both.

SilverCasket
11-16-2005, 10:13 AM
Two financially would be double for the vendors, however, think about 2 shootouts. One in the begining of the season & one at the end. Two locations. Many people would goto both. And would definitely purchase many products to improve between the two. .. Not just wait a year & worry about it then. .. So there is benefits to vendors and/or supporters. So don't pre-judge their support. It could very well be there for both events.

Anthony

seawalkersee
11-16-2005, 11:33 AM
I dont think Brian is Judging their support. If you came to me and asked if I would support one event with a product and then asked me to sponsor a second event the same year, I would have to STRONGLY look at the amount of sales per year and if there was a spike in the sales during the previous event AND if the travel expences would even be worth the time to sponsor the second event. I CAN see asking for sponsorship for TWO events up front and maybe getting just a tad more then what they would give for one show. I really dont think there would be the sponsorship for both events though. Its just not good business sence. But then again...what do I know.

Chris

Kurt K
11-16-2005, 11:49 AM
Two financially would be double for the vendors, however, think about 2 shootouts. One in the begining of the season & one at the end. Two locations. Many people would goto both. And would definitely purchase many products to improve between the two. .. Not just wait a year & worry about it then. .. So there is benefits to vendors and/or supporters. So don't pre-judge their support. It could very well be there for both events.

Anthony
This idea doesn't seem like a good one right now. I think we should worry about getting better attendance for the one shootout we already have. Sure there are a few of us that would do everything possible to attend 2 separate events, but I suspect the majority would pick the closest event or the one that was better timed for their schedule.

And I don't think that you can count on people "definitely" buying parts between the 2 events. 5 years ago, I would definitely buy more parts, but my priorities are changing. I might not be able to justify the additional cost of parts after spending additional travel expenses to get to a second event.

XR7 Dave
11-16-2005, 12:20 PM
Not sure how to answer this. Anthony's thinking is why I suggested two events in the first place. There seems to be enough interest to pull off two events, but how serious are people? Last year we had less than 15 people confirmed to attend less than 30 days prior to the event.

I've asked this year for people to put up their money in advance and vote for a shootout near them -- $25 fully refundable. I won't name any names but there are many people who are vocal about a shootout but yet have not sent in the $25 to help make it happen. :eek:

Charles Warner reads these forums and he has been one of the biggest supporters or the SC Shootout from the beginning. What do you think he might have to say about the support being shown here. Do we show the enthusiasm that would encourage a vendor to step up and support the event?

Flat out I can tell you that vendors and manufacterers are looking very closely at what we as a community are doing with our cars. If we are just looking for some good deals on stuff to keep our cars running a year longer, do they really want to support us? Or are we actively looking for ways to make our cars better and faster? That's what this is all about! It does a vendor no good to pay for a party for all SC owners to attend. It only does good if people are actively looking forward to this event and actively planning mods to be competitive. If you don't have a budget for your SC and you aren't willing to commit to an annual event, then why would a vendor spend money on this kind of advertising?

You have to look at what is good for the community AND the vendors. I received a lot of resistence from them all this year. "Well, we have seen a decline in purchases...", or "I didn't see any return from my investment last year..." Things of this nature are exactly what I ran into in my attempts to get sponsorship this year. Frankly, I see the event becoming more and more self sufficient as time goes on.

I hate to say it, but if I hadn't already been a C&L distributor, and been promoting C&L to all my customers, they would have backed out this year as our event sponsor. I used every angle I could to get them on board for the benefit of everyone else. The truth is they spent more money on the SC Shootout than they made off of me in all of 2005 as a distributor. Think about that for a moment.

SilverCasket
11-16-2005, 12:21 PM
If you came to me and asked if I would support one event with a product and then asked me to sponsor a second event the same year, I would have to STRONGLY look at the amount of sales per year and if there was a spike in the sales during the previous event AND if the travel expences would even be worth the time to sponsor the second event. *I CAN see asking for sponsorship for TWO events up front*

Which is why Dave was discussing it in the 06 Shootout Thread ... Next Year ...

I really dont think there would be the sponsorship for both events though.

That is pre-judging the sponsors though, no? ... It's always worth looking into. ...

the majority would pick the closest event or the one that was better timed for their schedule

Kurt, that would be a good thing too. ... And after looking at the list Dave drew up, it made sense. And that may have been just a quick thought there, but it made sense. There are many more people who could travel 2-8 hours for a weekend getaway. ~~~~~, some people commute 3-4 hours per day alone for work. ... And those people may not be able to take a day or two to travel, so it's a balance. Just thoughts here. Everyone is different. So who knows. Maybe it's just a NJ thing, but everytime we bring the shootout up at our events, nobody would travel outside of a day to get to a shootout. Doesn't mean they are less of SC fans, just doesn't work for them. Maybe it's the same in more places. Don't know. Just my experiences with people.

It'd be nice to have a HUGE Turnout at 1 event. But, it may not be entirely possible. .... To each side of this country though, I think it would be very nice turn outs as more people maybe willing to travel if it were close. ... I'd go to 2 or 3 per year if they were within reason for me. Englishtown is about 20 minutes from me & if SC event's were there twice a month, I'd go everytime. .... So it could be a benefit to have more than one. .. I know some nuts (Blown347) would goto both because there's always a Shaker joint nearby to attend after hours! :D

Anthony

pro street rich
11-16-2005, 12:22 PM
As someone who has been in the bussiness of putting on shows I can tell you that if you go "to the well" too offen it WILL GO DRY" This is what will happen here as well. Do one great show first, then move on to adding another one.
Look for a spot hat has the MOST people that can and do go to the event. This is where you do it, not the closest to this person or that place of bussiness...rather where you will get the best turn out...
I have to think that the best place has to be in or near the St. Louis area. We could move it up north some, or to the east a bit but if it goes to the far east coast it will not work out good.
Do one deal and make it the best that you can....Make it work for the most part, and let the cards fall where they may. Sure this may sound one sided, but it is the way it has to be.
Two events would be fun, but there are not enought people to make two work good... Our venders want to see 50 to 100 cars out there going at it, not 20 or so cars... You can always do mini meets if you want, if you need it in your area.. Even those need 20 cars to be of value... We did 15 cars at the midwest bash when we got to the track. was that enought? NO. did we need more? we sure did. The dyno was a total flop, only 6 cars I think...
Lets all try to come up with something that will work and work together to make it happen........Rich

David Neibert
11-16-2005, 08:10 PM
Not sure how to answer this. Anthony's thinking is why I suggested two events in the first place. There seems to be enough interest to pull off two events, but how serious are people? Last year we had less than 15 people confirmed to attend less than 30 days prior to the event.

I've asked this year for people to put up their money in advance and vote for a shootout near them -- $25 fully refundable. I won't name any names but there are many people who are vocal about a shootout but yet have not sent in the $25 to help make it happen.

Dave,

There always seems to be enough interest until it comes time to send in the money.

Perhaps I missunderstood the purpose for the $25 advance payment. I thought that was mainly a way to allow people to vote for a location. I didn't send any money because I've already stated on numerous occasions, that I would be there no matter where it's held. That being the case, there is no reason for me to vote.

If your looking at it as more of a pre-registration to show the vendors what kind of support we have for the shootout, then that's another matter.

Anthony,

If you want to call it pre-judging the sponsors, that's okay with me. I know that it was down to the wire this year on getting enough sponsorship, last year probably wasn't a lot better, and the year before, Wise paid a few hundered out of his pocket.

So yes....I'm predicting a very difficult time raising enough money from sponsors to offset the cost of having two events, especially the track rentals.

David

Super XR7
11-16-2005, 09:39 PM
I would definitely attend ANY large gathering of MN12's at KCIR or even Heartland Raceway, Topeka. Heartland, by the way, has both a top quality Drag Strip and a Road Course for those who like to go fast in a straight line AND around corners.

(I've got to get on here more often, just to keep up!)

Road course? Oh ya!

seawalkersee
11-16-2005, 10:48 PM
I was only trying to state the obvious. We as the people in the event, are going to have to pay AT LEAST double for each event, in the event, there are two events:D . Seriously though. I have C&L stuff on my car...but its a 76mm. Why would I buy another one. I can only have one MAF...In the event I get some other car, I will purchase another one from C&L. However, I dont see me getting rid of my birds. I do not have any magnum powers products YET. But by the end of next year I will. I have stuff from Spinning Wheels and SCP on my car(s) too. So this is not one of those people who just point their finger and say bad things about others. I am simply saying that as our cars get older, SOME PARTS will remain. The faster my car goes, I will only need one set of rear gears, or one set of bushings, or one MAF. What you need to see is that the amount of people who are going to continue to buy this stuff, is on the backslide. There are some that will catch on the tail end, but from a sponsors point of view, I think that asking for sponsorship of two shootouts, is like kissing them goodbye.

Chris

Nettlesd
11-16-2005, 11:27 PM
But then again...what do I know. Chris

Not much. :)

XR7 Dave
11-16-2005, 11:34 PM
Chris I know that would be true. Sponsors will not sponsor two events. So a sponsorship would end up being split between both events.

C&L in particular is well aware that there are a finite number of meters they can sell to us. What they have done is offer a token of good will to the community. It is their way of saying "thanks" to us for helping to give them a good name. I assume they are banking on some of us buying other (newer) Ford products and hoping that we think of them when the time comes to buy something for that new car.

No matter how you cut it, I think Cheryl and Lee Bender are terrific and their support of our events has been a big moral booster for me as SC Shootout Coordinator.

On a side note: Every time I talk to Lee he asks me when one of us are going to do a twin turbo setup. lol Seriously. Someone should do it.....hmmmm!

joenintiesc
11-17-2005, 12:11 AM

Bryan Moore
Jim O'Neill
Jim Granitzki
Don O'Neill
Rodger Haas
John Miller
Victor Palumbo
Hoat Pham
Pat Ragozzino

If we got even half of that list above to commit I would be up for the trip to Pitts (should that be the next location)! The only major roadblock for me would be the little SC budget sucker that my wife and I are expecting in May...:eek: :D

Super XR7
11-17-2005, 07:42 AM
How about inviting some of the other Thuderbird and Cougar clubs to the next shoot-out?

T@Sound-Xtreme
11-17-2005, 07:53 AM
Dave,

There always seems to be enough interest until it comes time to send in the money.

Perhaps I missunderstood the purpose for the $25 advance payment. I thought that was mainly a way to allow people to vote for a location. I didn't send any money because I've already stated on numerous occasions, that I would be there no matter where it's held. That being the case, there is no reason for me to vote.

If your looking at it as more of a pre-registration to show the vendors what kind of support we have for the shootout, then that's another matter.

Anthony,

If you want to call it pre-judging the sponsors, that's okay with me. I know that it was down to the wire this year on getting enough sponsorship, last year probably wasn't a lot better, and the year before, Wise paid a few hundered out of his pocket.

So yes....I'm predicting a very difficult time raising enough money from sponsors to offset the cost of having two events, especially the track rentals.

David

Hey Dave,

dont quote me on this, but i think the $25 comes off of your registration fee, even if it doesnt $25 isnt going in DD pocket, its going towards the shootout. They way I thought I read his post abotu the deposit thing was that you pay $25 up front to show that you are ganna go, and where your location is, that way to better suit ppl that are ganna actually pay and go, and that upon regestration that the $25 would be taken off yoru fee? Am I correct on that DD? Either way $25 taken off the fee or not, its going to the shootout.

Tyler

SCrazy
11-17-2005, 09:17 AM
How about inviting some of the other Thuderbird and Cougar clubs to the next shoot-out?

I think most of those clubs were invited last year. Classes were even added to accomodate the 8 cyl. and turbo cars.

I'm not sure we got a single participant.

XR7 Dave
11-17-2005, 09:51 AM
I think most of those clubs were invited last year. Classes were even added to accomodate the 8 cyl. and turbo cars.

I'm not sure we got a single participant.

We have invited TCCOA, but there are some feelings of "seperateness" that exist between the clubs. I know Bill had indicated early on that he would attend but in the end he didn't show.

I'd like to see some collaborating between the two clubs. Maybe this year we can make that happen. Either way we look at it though, the SC Shootout is for SC's first and location will be determined by the membership here.

Once we nail a location, then we will talk about how better to integrate the V8 boys if they are interested in participating. :)

seawalkersee
11-17-2005, 09:27 PM
I should hope so...My v8 car will be my ride there. But of course, thats NEXT year...and it was sitting for two years...with the same tranny in it...but who knows...I might coax the wife into coming and bring both cars. I think that if its 10 hours or less, I could get her to come.

Chris

Kurt K
11-17-2005, 11:32 PM
I should hope so...My v8 car will be my ride there. But of course, thats NEXT year...and it was sitting for two years...with the same tranny in it...but who knows...I might coax the wife into coming and bring both cars. I think that if its 10 hours or less, I could get her to come.

ChrisEven if it's more than 10 hours, you should get her to attend...just don't make her drive one of your cars. There will be plenty of women there for her to hang out with.

seawalkersee
11-18-2005, 08:27 AM
Its not the company she doesnt enjoy. Ya see, I told her I did three things when we met. I hunt, fish, and work (and that includes cars). She was cool with that at the time but now...not so much. Even though I havent been turkey huntint more then three days combined in the past three seasons, and I missed snaggin season this year....come to think of it, I havent even picked up my rifle....man...she owes me...Im gonna lay some stuff down tonight...

Chris

Ira R.
11-18-2005, 02:50 PM
....come to think of it, I havent even picked up my rifle....man...she owes me...Im gonna lay some stuff down tonight...

Chris

Oh, now that's just too funny!!! :D "she owes me" :rolleyes: Riiiight. Just make sure that whatever it is you plan on laying down tonight she doesn't kill it when she swings the frying pan - or your rifle!! :D .. :p .. :D

Ira

pro street rich
11-18-2005, 05:12 PM
[QUOTE= She was cool with that at the time ....man...she owes me...Im gonna lay some stuff down tonight...

Chris[/QUOTE]
reminds me of the couple that just got married...on that first night as they get ready for bed.. He throws her his pants and asked for her to try them on. Well she does, and they fall to the ground as soon as she lets go of them.. He pipes up and says, just remember WHO wears the pants in this marriage,
She looks at him and then tosses him a pair of hers with the same order. Well he tries to put them on but he can only get them 1/2 up.. Then she says, " untill your aditude changes, you won't be getting any of these either...
So watch what you say or you might be sleeping out in your car tonight without your other toys.........Rich

seawalkersee
11-18-2005, 07:23 PM
I know...you really have to know me to see my expressions when I type this stuff. My wife is great. But since the kid arrived (gonna kill that stork) she has had less then her average 10 hours of sleep. So I HAVE to pick up the slack so she can get a good 6 hours in. Seriously though...what comes out as "Im gonna do this..." sounds like this when it ACTUALLY come out "But Baby..." She IS great...she let me go to the shootout this year...Ask Sly...he even said I got the lingo down...

Chris

Nettlesd
12-01-2005, 05:10 PM
I thought we were suppose to hear something on 11/30? Any updates?

XR7 Dave
12-01-2005, 06:32 PM

Impatient aren't we? :p

Well, the SC Shootout Committee for 2006 has been formed and we are awaiting information from some race tracks at the moment. It is hard to get ahold of these people this time of year....

seawalkersee
12-01-2005, 06:38 PM
Its a bluff Duane...He is stalling.

Chris

fast Ed
12-01-2005, 07:08 PM

For someone who only goes to the Shootout to show off his shiny car, and drink (not necessarily in that order), you sure are impatient !!! :D :p

Good things come to those who wait, Duane. :)

cheers
Ed N.

seawalkersee
12-01-2005, 08:47 PM
I hope I dont have to wait as long as you ED...:D

Chris