Need mechanic...relocating SC from SoCal to Reno, NV

unreng

Hey all,

I need to find a mechanic to perform an inspection (check/change fluids, plugs, etc.) on a 91/92 SC in the Corona Del Mar area. I'm moving the vehicle from CDM to Reno, NV within the next week(s) and don't want to drive the car without someone checking it over and repairing necessary items.

I'll likely fly in Friday morning and leave by Saturday (morning??).

Suggestions?

I can use my dad's mechanic, but he's in Dana Point.

Also...battery suggestions?

Thanks,

Chris

You could save a couple of bucks by doing a quick inspection yourself. Just check:

**Check your serpentine belts for wear
**Check:Coolant, Oil, Transmission, Brake levels
**Ensure braking system is in good working condition.. inspect brake pads and look for high speed glazing on the rotors
**Check wear on tires, ensure they are properly inflated
**Check blower fluid level (do it when the cars cold and hold your nose)

Obviously, if the car has any trouble during normal city driving then you might want to rethink the drive to NV.

I agree

The fluid level check is really easy. Checking the plugs is a owner's choice. If the SC is not running well and the car has many miles on it , then it is almost the same labor to check a plug as to replace the plug-just add for the parts.
I bought a new Ford battery for around sixty bucks, which is half of what they used to run.
Good luck.

Thanks for the replies

Thanks everyone for replying...I make the trip tomorrow...wish me luck. I think my dad maintained the vehicle well since it was his main transportation.

Chris

PS...AWESOME SITE :eek: <--- need more smilies

Be careful

I wish you the best on the road. Thanks for the good words about the site.

Drop us a line on upon your safe arrival.

forgot to repost

Heheh,

I made it with no problems...other than some sore muscles from the laaaaaaid-back seats (i'm used to upright truck bench seats).

I'm currently in the process of getting it checked out again in Reno (once I get the prior accumulator installed).

Here's my list of todo:

CAI - stock filter and box with SCP 3" tube (no silencer of course).
73/76mm C&L MAF
70/75mm TB (BBK)
Taylor Spiro-pro wires
autolite double plats
polished raised top
IC gaskets (from the Texas dude)
fix oil leak
clean engine compartment (caked dirt/oil on almost everything)
fill hole beneath A/C controls (regular T-bird utility compartment doesn't work)
install Pioneer 12-disc CD player (somewhere)

the bird only has 99k, but there's no history :( (even from Carfax)

anything else I'm missing?

Chris :D

Back