Rear Supercharger bearings

WinnipegSC

What would you guys Recomend to use to regrease teh rear bearings??
like any specific greases or anything?

I'd just get new bearings. They're not expensive and very easy to press out the old ones and in with the new ones.

I had my rear bearings go out completely, so I had to. It's a really easy job to do if you've got it all apart anyway.

Grease

There is actually a Specific High RPM grease for those bearings
Its Blue In color (If your going to go that far to grease them)
Buy a new set and Install them when you are in there

Wynn Carter sells the Bearings and The Grease I think

Rotorpack bearings

Disassemble the Blower

Pull the rotorpack out of the Blower

Then press or tap the bearings Out (They get pressed from the back of the blower)

When Installing the new bearings

I suggest cleaning the Supercharger case really well
then Preheat the case till the case gets hot
At the same time take the bearings and Put them in your freezer overnight

Once the case has gotten hot take the frozen Bearings and you can either tap them in easily or press them In

Its a very simple procedure

Conan56 said:
Disassemble the Blower

Pull the rotorpack out of the Blower

Then press or tap the bearings Out (They get pressed from the back of the blower)

When Installing the new bearings

I suggest cleaning the Supercharger case really well
then Preheat the case till the case gets hot
At the same time take the bearings and Put them in your freezer overnight

Once the case has gotten hot take the frozen Bearings and you can either tap them in easily or press them In

Its a very simple procedure

That's what we do. We have the needle bearings if you need a set. We have a complete kit. No one wanted to part with their Golden couplers for less than $30- to $45- each. They cost maybe $1.50 to make them with the right mold. So If anyone needs any of these products we have them. Or a complete re-built kit.Which we make it COMPLETE! Good advice everyone. Post like this one is the way it should be. People helping people. We do not list this kit or parts but we will for the people who just may need these type of parts. If the the grease is lacking... Better to but a new set! I agree. Why take chances. Just do it right.
Victor
Spinningwheels-sc@earthlink.net just shoot us a line.
Victor

WinnipegSC said:
What would you guys Recomend to use to regrease teh rear bearings??
like any specific greases or anything?

bearings0065.jpg

As long as it is a "moly based" grease you'll do fine, or you can take it one step further and look for a moly-based hi-speed grease. As far as changing the bearings, no need to chill or freeze or dance around a fire at midnight...you can indeed simply tap/press the old ones out and tap/press the new ones in. When you install the new ones, do it from the outside and bring them close to flush with the inner surface of the case. 1/32nd to a skinny 1/16th of an inch short of flush is a great ballpark, just be sure not to come past flush with them. This will give the rotor pins plenty of bearing to ride on.

hope this helped,

'bird

Back