Ford part# for speedo gear

David Neibert said:
I need the Ford part # for the 21 tooth gear for use in an AOD w/3.73 gears.

Thanks, David

David according to the chart in the FAQ section it should be DOOZ-17271-B, but you should be able to just tell them you want the purple gear and they should know which one to give you. I know when I picked up the 23 tooth for my 4R70W I just told them the color and number of teeth.

Charles

Last edited:
Thanks Charles. I would normally just order one from Bill Evanoff, but I've already got to pick up a few gaskets for the turbo car at the Ford dealer, so I'll just get one from them while I'm there.

David

David Neibert said:
Thanks Charles. I would normally just order one from Bill Evanoff, but I've already got to pick up a few gaskets for the turbo car at the Ford dealer, so I'll just get one from them while I'm there.

David

So I take it you got your heads back and are ready to start putting the turbo car back together, hope it all goes smoothly and the car is up and running again soon.

Charles

Charles,

I should get the heads back early next week. In addition to fixing them I'm having some additional work done, that's going to take a little longer.

Since it's torn down this far I want to take it apart to see how the bearings look and to fix some oil leaks. Progress is slow because my parents have been here visiting all week.

No real hurry, but I'm starting to miss driving it.

David

David according to the chart in the FAQ section it should be DOOZ-17271-B, but you should be able to just tell them you want the purple gear and they should know which one to give you. I know when I picked up the 23 tooth for my 4R70W I just told them the color and number of teeth.

Charles

Thanks Charles. This is exactly what I needed.

Had to post since this was an ooooold thread.

Back