Car not idling. PLEASE HELP!!!

pepito6SC

Last night I came home and was sitting in my car listening to the radio with the car parked and turned on. I noticed that the fuel gauge was past full and I new that was wrong cause I only had half a tank in the morning. All of the sudden rpms dropped and car shuts off....So I thought that was odd and turned the car back on. It idled fine for about 3 minutes and then rpms dropped and car turned off. So I thought it was a vac leak at the SC top since I already new I had a small leak there. So I tighten it up real good and when I turned the car on it would not idle. Car would turn on then immediately die. WTF??? So I take it to autozone and they pull the codes for free. (Yes I drove it making sure I stayed on the gas) Here is what they pulled:

55:
Open connection in keypower circuit or electrical charging system is too low.

56:
MAF sensor or Vane Air Flow (VAF) voltage signal too high

65:
Electrical Charging system problem occured-Voltge too high (Over 17.5 volts)
or
engine control system never went into closed loop fuel operation.

Those code defenitions were given to me by the auto zone guy from a ford book he had....I checked the MAF and it looked fine since it is a Pro-M 75MM Bullet Mass Air Flow Sensor (Chrome) from supercoupeperformace.com. I switched it out with the original MAF and still the car would not idle. Sorry for this long post but if ANYBODY can shead light on this I will really apreciate this. Thanks.

Thanks Pastera.....I have always though that when Alternators go bad they stop charging thus draining the battery...Is this voltage regulator problem common? And would this cause the car not to idle?? Is there anything else that could be wrong???Anyone??

Back