brake lights not working

ChrisPearl95

hello,
I have a 95....blinkers, hazards,tail lights and flashers all work...checked fuses, all fine. Is there a possibility that a wire or switch on the brake pedal bracket has gone bad?

Thanks!:(

if u are refferring to ur stop lights then ur most likely culprit is the stop light switch on the brake pedal... its like 5 bucks at autozone... u can easy replace it... is it automatic? or stick shift? if its automatic... u can tell its ur stop light switch... by trying to shift from park into gear while pressing the brake pedal like normal... it wont allow u because its not detecting that ur pressing in the brake lights..

just pull out the cotter pin and slide pedal away from the brake piston rod and slide out the old switch... and install the new on in reverse its pretty simple...

Shift Interlock?

Chris,

As stated above, are you having any problems getting your car out of Park?

From what I understand, there is a 2nd switch that activates the solenoid that unlocks the shifter (shift interlock).

I bet if you asked some real smart person where you work, they'd probably say it was the brake pedal switch that was the problem. :D

- JyRO

Back