Stupid noise from automatic seat belts.

Terrible Juan

My automatic seatbelts work and everything but they make that dumb vibrating sound on the tracks as they go back and forth. Is there anything you can do to quiet the down and make them slide smoothly?

Take off your A-pillar molding so you can see the track. Put a thin coating of lithium grease along the aluminum track where the seatbelt anchor slides back and forth. You may have to cycle it a few times to make sure it worked it's way in there.

I have used a silcon spray on the plastic retracters....

Just open and close the door a few times while you spray up inside the track.

I might have to try the A-pillar trick....

You want to get the majority towards the front of the track. You want to avoid getting it on the plastic strip that retracts into the motor. The motor has plasic teeth that will slip easily on the plastic strip making the seatbelt not work.

I went all out one day and removed the plastic strip, cleaned it and coated it with white grease. Works great. Now I just have to get off my a** and do the passenger side.

whassup juan? i was wondering if you bought that car you were asking about on the corral. Very glad to see you stepped over. if you enjoy a little handling and some ride quality with your go-fast, you chose correctly
im genericusername on the corral by the way. got any pics posted yet?

ps. see my tbird melt the skins in my thread on here

edited for maximum freshness

22lbsofboost said:
whassup juan? i was wondering if you bought that car you were asking about on the corral. Very glad to see you stepped over. if you enjoy a little handling and some ride quality with your go-fast, you chose correctly
im genericusername on the corral by the way. got any pics posted yet?

ps. see my tbird melt the skins in my thread on here

edited for maximum freshness

Sup man. Yea, I bought the car in question. It has terrible paint but the body is straight and everything. I don't plan on keeping it though. I'd rather get a different one (5 speed, nicer looking). Theres a guy I've been talking to on here that has one for sale near me. Hopefully I can sell my 4 cylinder and get it before someone else nabs it. :) Good to see you here.

Terrible Juan said:
Good to see you here.
likewise. too bad you live 9 million miles away, ive got parts coming out of my ears for these cars. im hoarding m90's, i have 4 now, and i want to do 2 on my 302, ala toohighpsi.com. i emailed this guy to see if he would sell me all the plumbing for the 2 blowers with the cooler and the lower and all since he doesnt use it anymore. well see.

the paint is a common ford issue
the 5 speed cars are awesome, but a kitted and stalled aod is so much fun in town. have fun with it. what is your initial thoughts on how it compares to a fox 5.0?

22lbsofboost said:
likewise. too bad you live 9 million miles away, ive got parts coming out of my ears for these cars. im hoarding m90's, i have 4 now, and i want to do 2 on my 302, ala toohighpsi.com. i emailed this guy to see if he would sell me all the plumbing for the 2 blowers with the cooler and the lower and all since he doesnt use it anymore. well see.

the paint is a common ford issue
the 5 speed cars are awesome, but a kitted and stalled aod is so much fun in town. have fun with it. what is your initial thoughts on how it compares to a fox 5.0?

Well, it's definitely different driving a NA motor compared to a supercharged one. Makes power differently so its a whole new world. I miss the gobs of lowend torque and being able to accelerate quickly from low rpms. Mmm.

Do you have any extra rearview mirrors? LOL. Mine stupid automatic flipper thingie doesn't work anymore.

i actually gave my auto dimming mirror away long ago. i will keep my eyes peeled though. i see these cars every once in a while at the local yards.

What I meant to say was....

Do you need the headlight dimmer box that sits between the windshield and the mirror?

Back