auto seatbelts took a ~~~~?

Blown 91 Bird

so leaving work today i got in the car started her up and the auto seatbelts just stayed. What controls these and what could have gone bad? :confused:

I think there is a motor in the trunk on the drivers side wall. Im not too sure, but i remember reading about it somewhere. If you search the forums a little more, youll find it.

Blown 91 Bird said:
so leaving work today i got in the car started her up and the auto seatbelts just stayed. What controls these and what could have gone bad? :confused:

If they both quit working, check your fuses, if its just one, then check your motors, they are by the front part of the bottom rear seat (confused yet? me too) and they have a little cover on them, can really miss the cover. There is a little knob on top of the motors, try turning them and see if that helps any, mine stay back, but i can turn the knob till they are all the way forward, and close the door and it works, but open the door, and it stays back.

Derek

It might be the sensor inside the door telling the system whether the door is open or shut. If this goes bad it will believe the door is open, and keep the belt in the forward position. There is also sensors on the belt “rail” sensing the belt position –one each end of the rail. The problem might also be one of those (system believe the belt is in the rear position).

Back