Royal Purple For 1989 SC

Spider

well i got all the specs for my car so i thought i would share with the group just incase someone wanted to knwo what they needed.

after talknig with David Canitz Tech Manager for Royal Purple

i told him about my car and how i like to drive :rolleyes:
and with my high mileage 170k :( tranny is newly rebuilt :)

He recomends these product.

i asked about all fluids since im going to do a complete fluid change on everything wet :D

> RP MaxATF for the automatic
> MaxGear 75W90 for the rear limited slip differential
> MaxEZ Power Steering Fluid
> Purple Ice Coolant Additive
> 15W40 RP Motor Oil

i told him i was planing on adding Slick50 for mi high mileage...

"Do not use any additives - such as Slick 50 - they are marketing scams for
the most part"

Here is a link to the Federal Trade Commission indicating 'false
advertising'

http://search.ftc.gov/query.html?qt=slick+50

For the high mileage engine, use our 15W40 - at 6/qt, that's cheaper than
using regular oil and Slick 50 but you're getting the benefit of a synthetic
oil with our high performance additive technology.

Last edited:
Did any of you see the experiment on Horsepower TV with the Royal Purple.. The took a camaro and dynoed it and then changed all of the fluids with Royal Purple stuff, including the oil, rear, tranny, coolant additive, basically all of their products. After doing so, they dynoed it again and had a 8 horsepower gain!!! Thats great for improving the life of your car and getting some horsepower too.... i plan on doing the whole swap this winter.

Royal Purple is great stuff. I gained 21 crank hp on my 455SD using Royal Purple 2008. It's 0W-8!!!:eek:

When I went to the PRI show last year, they had a test on an additive called Pro Blend. They had a rod and a piston hooked up to a lever so when you pull the lever it smokes the rod bearing to hell and locks the crank up. They had 5 different people choose any type of oil and all the bearings spun and locked the crank up with each type of oil. They then put in Pro Blend with each type of oil and no matter how hard he pulled on that lever they couldn't smoke that bearing at all.

Ever since then i've used Pro Blend and it works. Oil temps dropped about 45 degrees for me. They rate it at 52 degrees.

I used it as an additive in my 5spd tranny.

Royal purple rocks! In my Avenger that I drag raced on nitrous for 4 years it was great. The stock internals had 105K on them when a piston broke the ring lands. When I pulled the engine apart the cross hatching was still in the cylinders. So that's my 2 cents worth. The reason the pistons let loose was my fault. Running the 75 shot on stock internals was fine. One race I got greedy and went up to a 125 shot. Well boom there went the ring lands.

I'll vouch for the Purple Ice. It's a Godsend for these cars. The more water you use with it the better. It doesn't work as well with straight coolant.

Back