i have another clutch question

Every clutch kit comes with throw-out bearing, pressure plate, clutch disk, pilot bearing, alignment tool.

There's LUK, Spec, Zoom etc......

I know you're not talking about a clutch for an SC, so I can't be too formal with you....

clutch

Try nappa I think I paid under $200 for mine,it's worked well for me.there are afew other part store's that also carry a clutch pack.

CMac89 said:
Go to www.supercoupeperformance.com

Bill sells Spec clutches in stages 1,2,3,4 and he explains the significance of each one. It's under Driveline & Transmission. They are great clutches.

I'm going with the Centerforce Dual Friction setup any idea what the kit comes with is it just a pressure plate and a clutch or a whole kit?

I'm sure they sell different levels. I got mine with the pressure plate and clutch disc. I believe the T/O bearing came with it as well. I don't recall where I got the pilot bearing. Might have been Ford. The alignment tool can be had at any decent parts store. If you need to machine the flywheel plan on getting a shim for it. A flywheel shim from a Mustang 5.0 will work. Should be available at NAPA in different thicknesses.

x182dan said:
I'm going with the Centerforce Dual Friction setup any idea what the kit comes with is it just a pressure plate and a clutch or a whole kit?
I am going to be looking for a clutch pretty soon. Can I ask why you chose Centerforce over Spec??

Ira

Dan,

If you look back at the Centerforce clutch on the Summit page for the link you posted it describes what it comes with.

That only comes with a pressure plate and a clutch disk. No alignment tool, throwout bearing, or pilot bearing.

Back