BT Motosports

J

jacsxr7

BT Motorsports

do you know if regular shocks fit in our cars. i was thinking of putting some on because i need too, and dont have the money to put those expensive ones on right now. if so let me know. or what do you recommened.

Thanks

Jose

I agree with Fred on the Bilsteins, personally, the Konis are my favorite and are going in my SC. I have had great experience with KYBs and H&R drop springs (stiffer than stock SC springs) as I (Kelly Simons actually) just installed a set in my GFs 97 LX while I was at the last Vegas meet a few weeks ago. I was VERY surprised at the ride and handling of this new combo as it exceeded my expectations and the performance of a stock SC.

are tokico the same as koni shocks. let me know.

thanks

Jose

No, Tokico is the manufacturer of the stock shock for Ford and also offers an aftermarket shock which is said to be 20% stiffer than stock. They are the only company that makes a direct replacement unit which works in conjunction with the factory ARC (automatic ride control) system.

which one would you recommened. or are both pretty good.

Thanks

Jose

Well, both will cost you around $400+ in parts to replace the 4 of them. I replaced the fronts and rears with the KYBs (which I have to say perform better than the Tokicos IMHO) for under $125 for the 4. I havent noticed a substantial difference between either the factory or aftermarket KYBs from my experience.

do you happen to have part #'s on those shocks and springs. i would really appreciate it. are they stiff or are they soft. where can i get those. i want to get my car ready famoso.

Thanks Paul

Jose

Back