long tube header?

Lightningf150

Do yall think long tube or shorty header will work on thunderbird sc v6 I have been tried to find where header that I can find the price...

A lot of guys wll take the....I think they're mac shorty headers for the V6 mustang and modify them to fit the SC....I think if I remember correctly you have to cut and reweld the collector....

If i'm not mistaken Tbird88 (Wynn) made some shorties that require no modification. I think he made one set and had a jig...don't know if he has produced any more or not...If you run a search you should come up with something on his project, and much more on the Macs for Mustangs...

-Trey

Don't worry about getting rid of your stock exhaust manafolds. Unless you're making waaaaay more power than stock, you don't need headers. Spend your $ on other goodies.

Hey lightningf150, see you made it over to the SCCOA, welcome.

I answered your questions over at the TCCOA as best I could if you want to have a look.

Good luck!

Kevin

Treys92 said:
If i'm not mistaken Tbird88 (Wynn) made some shorties that require no modification. I think he made one set and had a jig...don't know if he has produced any more or not...If you run a search you should come up with something on his project, and much more on the Macs for Mustangs...

-Trey
Thanks for the recognition. Sold two sets of headers so far, I like to call 'em midlengths.

hdrsdis6688.jpg

Also done the collector mod to several Mustang shorties, it works very well. Wouldn't mind gettin' hold of some Mustang longtubes to see what I could do.

'bird

Back