A good clutch screwup

DazedNConfuzed

I work for advance auto, and i bought a stock clutch for my 90 SC to replace the stocker. Well i didn't realize the part number listed for the 90 was the same as the 94-95. My clutch is already in, it bolted up perfectly, transmission is in. But i haven't tried starting the car yet. I replaced the slave, clutch is disengaging fine, i can spin the back tires with the clutch depressed, and i can't with it not depressed. So before i screw obsenities at the computer at work, should i leave the clutch in? Its the 11 1/2 unit vs the 11.
Thanks

I don't know, since I bought my clutch when I worked at Auto Zone and it didn't list one for the 94/95. So that narrowed my choices down. I didn't bother to measure it but it works good and I can get rubber in 3rd. Micah can vouch for that. I let him drive the ~~~~ out of it in St. Louis right after I had it replaced and my tranny rebuilt and my gears swapped. He was the first one to get 3rd in my car.

The only thing i can see really happening is it wears the clutch down a little more along the outside edges till the center grabs the flywheel... Which would occur in a few hundred miles during break in. I'm just worried, i don't have to have to drop the tank/shaft/transmission again.

I wish I new the answer for you. Being a hydraulic clutch it should adjust for wear.

Now the engines are the same 89-95 except for some internal mods and the blowers. But the engine blocks were the same. So were the tranny cases, but the late model had different gear ratios. I'd think they would all use the same clutch but I don't know if the 1/2" will make a difference.

Back