5 Speed To Auto Any Ideas?

BARTHWY59

I'VE GOT 2 89 S/C,s THE ONE IN GREAT SHAPE IS A 5 SPEED, BUT MY WIFE WANTS AN AUTO. QUESTION IS...IS IT EASIER TO SWAP ENGINE AND TRANNIES OR JUST TRANSMISSIONS, AND I,M CONCERNED ABOUT SWITCHES, SUCH AS NEUTRAL SAFETY ETC. THANKS IN ADVANCE:confused:

I don't know how difficult it is, but I have a 90 with a bullet proof Auto that I would really like to swap out for a 5 spd. My wife's SC is a 5 spd and it doesn't look that difficult. (she can drive a stick, so I won't be swapping with her!) I don't know about connectors and the computer stuff.

something telle me swapping to an auto is harder than swapping to a manual - swapping to an auto will require you to change your radiator and wiring harness.

Actually, my SC is in many pieces in my garage. It only has 48,000 miles on it and I'm doing the headgaskets and a whole mess $6,000) of mods. If we have another earthquake the AOD tranny might just fall out on it's own, since so much stuff is off the car!
How many miles does your '89 have? I rebuilt this AOD about a year ago, with 2" OD band conversion, 2200 stall converter, Billet input shaft, yada yada. It'll snap your neck on WOT shifts. :D But is very smooth if you keep your foot out of it.

By the way, The AOD isn't controlled by computer, so there's no harness issues as far as I know.
And I'm gonna be in Vegas in three weeks, but I'll be playing.

when i bought it, the odometer didn't work, but it has a brand new clutch,pressure plate,slave cylinder etc.

Hot here. Brain not work good.

Gonna be in town on or about the weekend of the 25th. Wife's b/day. Staying at the Luxor (ooooh. Hot black glass.)
What part of town are you in?

Back