need help finding rims

devilboy

I was wondering if anybody out there knows where to find the SVT thunderbird rims? I would also like to know if putting those rims on would throw off your speedometer and if it does what do you have to do in order to correct it? I have a 35th and think that a set of SVT rims would really set the car off. I have tried looking on the Ford Racing website but could not find those rims anywhere.

I agree with you about the looks of the SVT cobra's. I have a set of silver SVT's on my 35th and I think they look good. For me the chromes are too much bling. The speedo accuracy depends on the tire size you go with. I have the standard 245x45x17's and my speedo was approx 4mph fast at 50mph.(indicated by a radar traffic speed reminder I regularly pass.) I have Kumho's and not all brands are the same diameter. 245x50x17's are almost the same diameter as the stock tires. Mine is lowered 1.5" but the 50 series tires would fill the tire opening more and look better. Only problem, 50 series tires aren't a common size and may be a little harder to find.

Unfortunately....

The rims are DISCONTINUED!!!! I called Ford Racing products and the distributors and they are no longer made.

I suggest that you try to find a couple of dealers that MIGHT have one or two in stock. If you do find them, I want a set too!!!!!

Don

Back