totally confused right know

wishihad1

last night we were messing around in my neighborhood, when the car shifted it blew white smoke out, when it hit 3rd gear, it started to sound like a little rattle when you hit the gas, then white smoke poured out of the exhaust and the resevoir for the coolant. any ideas

thanks
ryan

wishihad1 said:
last night we were messing around in my neighborhood, when the car shifted it blew white smoke out, when it hit 3rd gear, it started to sound like a little rattle when you hit the gas, then white smoke poured out of the exhaust and the resevoir for the coolant. any ideas

thanks
ryan
Blown headgaskets!!!!!!!

Same story different day..........:rolleyes:

yeah definitely blown head gasket(s). Don't run it anymore , you don't want coolant in the oil anymore than already is there.

after you replace the gaskets flush the crankcase thoroughly to remove any coolant contamination.

Also you will need 2 new oxygen sensors, because coolant destroys them. But run it with the old ones first, to burn any coolant residue out of the the exhaust before you install the new ones. Lots of times the o2 sensors are overlooked with a head gasket but go ahead and get new ones when you get your gasket set.

Unforturnately....

The headgaskets are gone......Unforturnately, this is a common problem with these cars. I suggest as stated above that you DO NOT run the car. This will cause permanent damage.

I would either get the car to the mechanic or do it yourself. Doing it yourself is not an easy task unless you have done majr repairs before.

Good luck,

Don

Back