should i make 15 pounds boost?

pbdevastator

well the last 2 times i drove the car when i floor it, just before it shifts at around 5k rpm or so the boost meter reaches 15 pounds boost. before that it would usually get up to 10 to 12ish. with my current mods in the member page should i be making 15 or is there something wrong? im thinking that the meter is
probably not accurate or something.

You need to buy an aftermarket boost gauge (autometer, etc) to accuratly read the boost and vac levels. The stock ones are not accurate at all.

I think you supercharger belt might be slipping. When was the last time you changed it ?? Also, check and make sure that your inter-cooler connections are tightly fastened. Just my .02 cents.
:)

Make sure that you don't have clogged cats. When i was getting 15+ lbs of boost I blew my head gaskets twice before I found out that it was clogged cats that caused it. If you have clogged cats it will also cause high engine temps.

well the current exhaust is brand new, like 100 miles on it, dont think the cats should be clogged. belts are brand new also, 100 miles on them also. if the belt were slipping, then the pulley shouldn't be spinning that much cause really low boost numbers right? and the engine never comes close to overheating. so that leaves me with maybe loose ic tubes or a bad boost gauge thus far. who knows maybe the belt was slipping before and now its not. also the other factor is that in chicago its now in the thirties and forties everyday instead of high 50s and low 60s, maybe that has something to do with it?

Im in Chicago too, on a cold night Im making a couple of extra lbs of boost as well. Just thought Id add that.
Phil

an aftermarket gauge isnt going to be anymore accurate..

stock gauge is going to be just as accurate.

boost gauges are notorious for not accurately reading.

they can be accurate sometimes to plus or minus 3 PSI.
if you dont believe me, I will cite my source. Kenne-Bell
trust me :)

How cold was it the last 2 times you drove your car? Since the quick temperature changes here in the midwest, you could have driven it yesterday and it was 80 and now it is 30. That would easily give you more boost. I haven't pegged my guage since last winter.

we didn't have a 50 degree change like you did, but probably more like 20 to 30.
sounds like what is happening to my car is normal which is good news to hear. the other plus is it is a bit faster and runs better when colder.

Back