Dodge Challenger spied....

sweet, im liking the look i wonder what engine there putting in that thing better not be the same 5.7hemi that is in everything now lets throw the ls2 or ls7 in there :)

dont u get it.... 6 SPEED STICK SHIFT! WOW! That thing is gonna be tearing up the streets.. too bad not around here... :mad: it says its the 6.1L HEMI.... add a turbo to it... see were it goes...

wow.

if they dont do that, they are stupid. because now i can plan ahead and save for one.

i was going to get a GTO but thats so nice

I've pretty much convinced my wife to replace her 99 GTP for a black one of these 425 hp SRT8 Chargers in the spring. The Challenger looks okay, but she wants a 4 door.

David

David Neibert said:
I've pretty much convinced my wife to replace her 99 GTP for a black one of these 425 hp SRT8 Chargers in the spring. The Challenger looks okay, but she wants a 4 door.

David

That thing rox! I dig the new challenger too, looks pretty bad @ss....lets see if ford decides to resurrect the performance coupe! In particulare.....our peformance coupe!

In particulare.....our peformance coupe!

dont count on it...sadly
Most of the market will be directed to Fords 60's and 70's style muscle cars, and since the Mustang is back to retro, and they already tried the t-bird, my guess is they will be trying something new...

trife86 said:
sweet, im liking the look i wonder what engine there putting in that thing better not be the same 5.7hemi that is in everything now lets throw the ls2 or ls7 in there :)

the 5.7 hemi is a sweet engine; it says it's the 6.1 but I can guarantee you with 99.9 % certainty tha the 6.1 will on be in an "SRT" model and the 5.7 will be the 'normal' hemi. They will probably have a 3.5 V6 version as well.

Dont underestimate the 5.7.... stock 300C's are getting 13.8 1/4 miles in cool weather and 300C-SRT8's (6.1 hemi) are getting in mid 12's....Stock! My (stock) 300c will easily kick my (stock) SC's butt:)

I won't be messing with my Dad's SRT8 though.... what a machine !

Last edited:
kevenj90sc said:
the 5.7 hemi is a sweet engine; it says it's the 6.1 but I can guarantee you with 99.9 % certainty tha the 6.1 will on be in an "SRT" model and the 5.7 will be the 'normal' hemi. They will probably have a 3.5 V6 version as well.

Dont underestimate the 5.7.... stock 300C's are getting 13.8 1/4 miles in cool weather and 300C-SRT8's (6.1 hemi) are getting in mid 12's....Stock! My (stock) 300c will easily kick my (stock) SC's butt:)
im not doubting those 5.7hemi at all they are doing well but they are just dumping them into everything left and right thats all

trife86 said:
im not doubting those 5.7hemi at all they are doing well but they are just dumping them into everything left and right thats all

it's cuz that's what everyone wants! DCX originally forcast that the 300C (with the hemi) would only account for like 15% of the total 300 sales but it turned out it's more like 50%. Simple supply and demand, they are dumping the hemi in everything cuz that's what's selling.

I'm sure they will make a 6.1 "SRT8" Challenger too; but they will probably introduce that a while after the 5.7 version just like they did on the 300, magnum, and charger. Expect a LONG wait to get one - - My dad waited 9 months for his 300C-SRT8 and many dealers have been getting $10k over MSRP for them.

kevenj90sc said:

I won't be messing with my Dad's SRT8 though.... what a machine !

Those Chryslers have class.

Challenger

Wow

Thats a nice car

I cant believe how they made it look like the 70s version

I honestly think that Chrysler has emerged out of the "Hole" They were in in the 80s and early 90s and Not have cornered the market in almost every aspect

How much is that car suposed to sell for?

Conan56 said:
Wow

Thats a nice car

I cant believe how they made it look like the 70s version

I honestly think that Chrysler has emerged out of the "Hole" They were in in the 80s and early 90s and Not have cornered the market in almost every aspect

How much is that car suposed to sell for?

I agree....chrysler has come a long way...i guess is that German/Daimler influence!

Its pretty amazing how they have come a long way.....from near bankrupcy to makign these killer cars. BUT....like this fellow bird owner told me...you gotta wait a bit until these cars loose their 'new' status. He used to work for a towing company and I forgot which car he told me that after a while they started picking them up left and right for X or Y problem.

David, my GTP will be traded for either a Charger SRT-8 or Challenger, but not for a few years :) That car is definatlyu coming with the 5.7 and 6.1 and Chrysler has been showing a 6.4 (I believe) Hemi that is rated at 510 HP!!! this motor is supposed to see use in future Charger, 300, Grand Cherokee, and YES Challenger SRT-8s :) Oh, and 6.1 Hemi>LS2 :)

trife86 said:

You realize GM is doing basically the same thing with the LS2, right? you can get it in the Vette, GTO, CTS-V, and the upcoming Trailblazer SS.

i dont doubt that they would throw a 6.1 in it, but a 5.7 would most likely be the base v8. one thing that could happen it they could throw their new 392 in it as an srt to go after the shelby

Conan56 said:
Wow - Thats a nice car - I cant believe how they made it look like the 70s version
:eek: ~"What car are you talking about? :confused:
I thought a REAL DODGE looks like my '70 Mopar!!

Attachments

• Dodge70.jpg
    Dodge70.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 45
Glad to see something besides SUVs, 4 doors, and little 2 door cars coming out. When I get old and need a walker, a 4 door may be nice, but till then, I refuse to buy a fugly 4 door car.

Back