clutch broke

streetdragon

ok guys need some help. i was driving my sc and as i took off i went to shift into 2. well when i did, it sounded like the trans droped. it didnt but the sound was that bad. now the clutch is a lot softer and in dissengages but when i go to take off it chatters and bucks like all heck. did i break my clutch or something worse? thanks for any help guys.

More Questions

streetdragon said:
ok guys need some help. i was driving my sc and as i took off i went to shift into 2. well when i did, it sounded like the trans droped. it didnt but the sound was that bad. now the clutch is a lot softer and in dissengages but when i go to take off it chatters and bucks like all heck. did i break my clutch or something worse? thanks for any help guys.
You didn't say, so I'll ask. OEM Clutch Disk? OEM Pressure Plate? OEM Blockers (synros)? Do you sometimes Speed or Power Shift? Is the clutch resevoir still full?

Is there any fluid leaking from the clutch line? If you are loosing fluid, the pedal would be soft and probably grind the gears when shifting.

68COUGAR

Last edited:
well everything is oem as far as i know and i wasnt power or speed sfiting. it was raining and pitch black so ill check tomorrow on the other stuff. thanks for replying.

Ill bet its a centerforce clutch. Have seen 2 of these grenade on Sc`s. Have yet to see a Luk or a spec clutch blow. Not a fun fix.

LUK all the way. High performance clutches blow. LUKs are affordable and bullit proof. They are small version of an eaton you would find in an over the road semi and made by the same company. LUK

got it off and on the side to the preasure plate the clutch matterial broke off on 3/4 of the disk. got it up and running now thought. 3 days on my back, not fun but thanks to all of the old threads it went preety easilly.

Back