To those with the ford FRPP STeering wheel...

CaifanSC

SCCoA Member
I just acquired this wheel...full with cruise control switches and the steering wheel backing (all for $75 shipped:D ). I have a couple questions:

1- do the mustang cruise control switches light up? If not, which cars have the light up buttons that I can use with this wheel?

2- has anybody with this wheel used the steering column gauge pod? I know you can use it on 94+ birds, but you had problems when tilting the steering wheel. Im wondering if this problem still persist with this different wheel/wheel backing.

Any info is appreciated. thanx!

off-topic but they DO make the steering column pods for the T-birds? Everywhere i look only lists them for trucks/mustangs/etc.

Why not just use a bolt in pod? Like the kind that just screws into the steering column, it doesn't look as bad as you think it would.

1FASTSC said:
Why not just use a bolt in pod? Like the kind that just screws into the steering column, it doesn't look as bad as you think it would.

cause the column pods are just alot cleaner looking IMO. Are you talking about using a cup?

Blown 91 Bird said:
off-topic but they DO make the steering column pods for the T-birds? Everywhere i look only lists them for trucks/mustangs/etc.

Yep, i know at least two people here have used the mustang one...which does fit the bird, but like i mentioned in my post above one of the guys said that you couldnt fully tilt your steering wheel b/c there was interference with the pod. I know there was an extensive thread about it, try a search and im sure you'll find it...i think it even had pictures of it installed.

**ah, also note that it only works on 94-95 sc's (94+ mn12's i guess). It doesnt work on 89-93 sc's. I mention it b/c i see from your siggy that you have a 91. It sux b/c i would have prefered that steering column pod for my 89 instead of the 94.

Oh and here's the link to the thread i was talking about: http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30572&highlight=steering+pod

Last edited:
CaifanSC said:
Yep, i know at least two people here have used the mustang one...which does fit the bird, but like i mentioned in my post above one of the guys said that you couldnt fully tilt your steering wheel b/c there was interference with the pod. I know there was an extensive thread about it, try a search and im sure you'll find it...i think it even had pictures of it installed.

thanks. Steering tilt problems wouldnt bother me as my wheel always stays in the same position.

edit damn only works for 94+ birds... that sucks :(

Last edited:
I have no clue, if my camera works I'll go take a picture of my setup....gasp it's not on an SC, but the gauge pods are pretty much usable on any car. Camera has to charge a bit....

1FASTSC said:
I have no clue, if my camera works I'll go take a picture of my setup....gasp it's not on an SC, but the gauge pods are pretty much usable on any car. Camera has to charge a bit....

maybe your talkin about the ones that are in many of the newer GTI's..which wouldnt be so bad if it wasnt right in the middle (blocking the fuel guage).

golf.jpg

i think im just gonna break the "sleeper" look and get a a-pillar 2 guage pod :(

Last edited:
What are you trying to monitor? The only thing I monitor is AFR and Boost...I mean I really have to, with my setup. I monitor everything else with a laptop or palm pilot.

gauge1.JPG

gauge2.JPG

Pods cost 20 bucks a piece, and I still maintain the sleeper look....kinda, I had one guy who was racing me notice that I had gauges on the steering column...

The Mustang buttons don't light up, but I also have no idea if any other buttons from Ford do.

Dang! i guess ill have to check. I know the buttons on my bro's 00 ranger light up..and they look exactly alike. But then again, ours do too...and they dont fit.

Back