Who's got a diesel genset?

DazedNConfuzed

Figured the florida chapter would be a good place to ask, for everyone that was without power, who here used a diesel genset, what brand, size, etc. I'm really debating if i should sell my gas generator, for a diesel gennie. My neighbor got one of these China diesel gennies, the thing is soo quiet. But i'm worried about quality. I'm Chinese myself but i perfer American products, hence the S/C, my F150's, and Explorers.
Thanks

Can't help you with information on a diesel generator... I have a gas powered one. I too would be concerned with a Chinese built generator. I would think replacement parts may be hard to come by. That alone would make me purchase a name brand product produced here or Japan.

Bryan

I was looking at my neighbors closely, it is fairly well built. the filter elements for both the motor and fuel are yanmar replacements. Fema reinbursed me for my current generator, i also have a nearly new 3500 watt Honda, but after hearing this diesel run, its nearly silent. After 9 days without power, the roar of the generator gets on my nerves... To the point where i became a real pita.

After 9 days without power, the roar of the generator gets on my nerves... To the point where i became a real pita.

Preach on brother.... Been there, Seen it, Done it....a year ago. 24 hours a day 7 days a week really wear on you. But thank God I had my generator last year. Never lost a thing in the fridge or freezer. Money well spent back in 92:D

Bryan

I have a Honda 3500, that thing is very quiet, and sooo good on gas. But during this last hurricane, my father (who is a bit on the elderly side but refuses to admit it) took a cold shower after we covered our roof up, the cold water/cold air got him very sick. After 2 days of him being in bed sick, i went (drove to orlando again) to buy this briggs and stratton 7550, and i brought back 30 gallons of gas so i could run the hot water heater, and get an electric blanket going for him (our house was missing two sliding glass doors and a window so it was very cold inside at night). I had the unit and transfer switch next to the panel which happens to be outside my room. Though i never ran it 24/7, just the noise from it running outside my room during the day, and it echoing through my part of the house got me irritated. During the evening hours, i used the 3500 honda to run the lights/hot plate and stuff and i shutdown in the late evening, just because of its fuel consumpion and low noise level. I looked at a 5500 Honda, but its more than this diesel genset.

Back