need some awnsers

T@Sound-Xtreme

I want to know if Tracy is correct in what he is saying, Because if it is I want to tell Jack not to go any further with the Hi FLow Water Pump for our cars, details here http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68586

XR7inWI said:
I'm not sure I understand the need for a higher volume water pump? :confused:

Don't get me wrong, more aftermarket parts and support for our cars is a great thing but what will THIS part do for us? From what I understand.... pumping volume is not the concern. The concern is cooling the water/coolant once it IS pumped. Pumping a higher volume of water and therefor pumping it faster through a stock radiator will not improve cooling and would quite likely make cooling LESS efficient. The water/coolant needs to be in the radiator long enough to actually cool. Forcing the water through at a higher volume (and therefor speed) would likely be similar to removing the thermostat, wouldn't it? I mean, you can't expect the radiator to take heat from the coolant if it is going through the radiator that fast.

Could someone clear this up for me? :confused: As I said, I was under the impression that our radiator is just too small and inefficient (along with poorly designed heads) but the stock water pump does a fine job of moving the necessary amount of water through the system. What will this high volume water pump do for us? If it is something that would improve cooling, thenhey, I'm all for it, but the way I see it, I doubt it would be an improvement at all.

Someone with a bit more knowledge care to jump in here? I am confused. :confused: :confused:

Tracy

Thanks,
Tyler

Tyler-

What tracy said is correct-we need a larger radiator to cool the engine properly-that's why my car has a custom radiator in it

Back