need some inspiration guys...

Rick Mink

I looks like I'm finally going to be getting all of the parts needed to put my supercoupe back in action. My baby has been not running for over two years now. This is the second time I'm rebuilding her. THe first time I had to fight for every cent and every second I spent with her with my wife. I never had the cash or time to do things right, as I was always getting bitched at every time I worked on her. I still think she has a sc voodoo doll full of pins some where. The car ran for about 6 months before it jumped a tooth on the timing chain. Not a single shop could diagnose this. totally pisses me off. Finally figured out the problem and replaced the timing chain with a morana duel roller. THe moron installing it didnt read the instructions and put the tentioners back on and wiped out my cam bearings when the tired to turn it over. engine was totally bound. MY bird was dead again.
My wife gave me the ultimatum that its either her or my sc. So I ve sent the last two years buying parts for my baby lol (not really the reason, but it really was as good of an excuse as any)
seriously though, the road to this point has been a really long one frought with turmoil at every turn. Custom parts getting lost in customs ( how ironic). My mechanic letting the block sit in his garage for months before actually taking the block to his machinist. The machine shop farting around for months before asking for the main caps from the mechanic. The machinist didnt want to do any homework to put this engine together so he keep trying to get me to find out spec for him. I'm not a machinist or an engine builder so I'm not the best resourse for this information. He finally told me that he doesnt have the time for anything this exotic. by exotic I guess he means something that isnt a small block chevy. I know for a fact that he did 2 350's for roger while my engine was sitting in his shop. I bid him and his shop fairwell, well not so politely, and had another shop do the work. much happier indeed. THen came the fatefull day when I decided to put a set of stage 3 steg heads on. It looked like I was gonna finally get my bird running again. Wrong answer. Delays in the heads pushed my project deadline back several times/ seasons. I guess Bob decided its not wothwhile producing parts for a very unique car anymore. he did our community a great service, it just sucks that its over now. Dave d has been gracious enough to tackle the heads for me. I'm sure I'll be thrilled with these heads when I get them.
It looks like I'll be getting the final parts together relatively soon. THe problem is I'm not a cold weather kinda guy. It like 20 degrees and snowing here in eastern pa and I have to do all the work freezing my nuggets off in my garage. so post me some inspiration to get me off my lazy, albeit warm butt, and get out there and start wrenching. send me your burnout pics, m pegs, sound clips of roaring exhausts. Id gonna be doing lots of dragracing. and hopefully some autocrossing. inspire me!!

Rick

Spaideas@aol.com

39033956.jpg

You can always mix pleasure with business...

'bird

Get up, get out there, and get it done.:D Ya I know, easy for me to say that but actually it's 16 degrees here right now and theres no way I'm going out too my unheated garage and work on anything today.:)

Heres a little something to inspirer you. Drove it there, unloaded, made some blasts down the track, loaded back up, and drove it home. I
love these cars.

13.2300 best E.T.
105.15 best MPH

4607-1995-Ford-Thunderbird.jpg

Jimmy 2Coupes said:
Get up, get out there, and get it done.:D Ya I know, easy for me to say that but actually it's 16 degrees here right now and theres no way I'm going out too my unheated garage and work on anything today.:)

Heres a little something to inspirer you. Drove it there, unloaded, made some blasts down the track, loaded back up, and drove it home. I
love these cars.

13.2300 best E.T.
105.15 best MPH

4607-1995-Ford-Thunderbird.jpg
Why are the wheels still on the ground?

I like jimmy 2 coupes picture the best so far.....although boobs are nice to see just about anywhere infront of any car =p

1FASTSC said:
I like jimmy 2 coupes picture the best so far.....although boobs are nice to see just about anywhere infront of any car =p
car?

what car?

'bird

ps > J2C, killer pic of your car!

Back