S/C makes funny noises when its cold...

Jacob_Royer

SCCoA Member
Do your s/c's make funky noises when you hit bumps and ~~~~ when its really cold out side?? mine has started to what the hell?? doesen't do it so bad on firm ride and only on really cold days...

mine makes all kinds of clunking noises when going over bumps and whatnot.. but i know its the bushings for something in the front suspension that are shot.

Mine sounds almost like ice cracking but it does not do it when it is warm outside.. Also when its really hot out and you turn the a/c on you get some funky noises out of the dash for a couple minutes... i guess its all the plastic making noise from the sudden temp change..

That would be the rubber bushings in the front shocks. I finally pinpointed it after owning 2 MN12 cars. You can grease up the rubber bushings but you are better off replacing them if you need new shocks. They are not easy to get to because you need to pull out the whole strut. When I bought my KYB shocks with new bushings there was no more noise. You can't tell the difference looking at the new bushings side by side with the old. Maybe the old ones just dry up and make that loud rubbing noise when they are cold.

Back