Coolant Leak

tattoo

Hey Guys and Girls,
Im a new sc owner and need some help.I bought a 91sc aod,When i first got it i had a coolant leak and figured out the t-stat gasket was bad,after replacing it, everything was good.Then today after driving in city traffic i noticed that smoke was coming from under the hood.Well i had a look and noticed coolant leaking,i could not see where.Than after i got her home it just stopped,always seems to be the way when i had the time to really have a good look,nothing.I have since run the car and still no sigh of a leak,any ideas?
Regards,
Ed.

Intake manifold

Other areas prone to leak are the intake manifold coolant passages, and the timing cover. Both were leaking on my SC. I replaced the intake manifold gasket and tightened the two water pump/timing cover coolant passage bolts (they seemed a little loose) and no leaks. The front and rear coolant passages on the intake will eventually leak over time. They can lead to coolant entering the engine via the lifter valley. With the intake manifold off, check the coolant passages for corrosion and any warped surfaces.
Another area (I just remembered) are any crimped coolant hose connections.
Good Luck!
Bill

Back