dash cracks ....repair?

dans90sc

Can you repair dash cracks ?. Mine has cracked on the right side near the vin plate and has made a v crack towards the drivers seat . This seems to be a common point to crack as I have seen others with the exact same crack lines.Any of you have this problem ? Any of you able to do a good repair job?

a friend of mine bought a dash cover that looks original and just glues on top of the stock dash.not sure where he got it but you could search on google for it

There is a company that makes a filler that you put on your dash and it glues into place. I have HEARD from a guy who used it on his oldschool vette that it was a good product. It had several patterns of dash mold in the package so I think it would probably be cheaper then puttin in a new dash and look REALLY close to original.

Chris

seawalkersee said:
There is a company that makes a filler that you put on your dash and it glues into place. I have HEARD from a guy who used it on his oldschool vette that it was a good product. It had several patterns of dash mold in the package so I think it would probably be cheaper then puttin in a new dash and look REALLY close to original.

Chris

You can get it all Wal Mart and should find it at the big parts stores as well.

Have you used it before? I have not nor have I actually seen it. But a guy I know did use it on his vette. Its a restored 60s model and he did nearly everything else right on it...I was there for some but not the dash.

Chris

seawalkersee said:
Have you used it before? I have not nor have I actually seen it. But a guy I know did use it on his vette. Its a restored 60s model and he did nearly everything else right on it...I was there for some but not the dash.

Chris

No I haven't, but I did buy with the intention on doing so but never did. I believe I still have the kit around I got to see if its all still good so I can go ahead a try it out next time I have the car over in the shop.

Last edited:
Back