OEM Windows and tint

Clincher

Did the SC come with the windows tinted from the factory? Mississippi has implemented this stupid new tint law that if it is less than 30%, it must be removed. It also costs $5 extra on the inspection sticker if the windows are tinted. You get this pink slip and must carry it around... if not and you get stopped, $1000 fine. How stupid. However, if the tinted windows are factory, then no charge etc.

Does anybody know and if so, how could I prove it? This is rediculous.

Clincher said:
Did the SC come with the windows tinted from the factory? Mississippi has implemented this stupid new tint law that if it is less than 30%, it must be removed. It also costs $5 extra on the inspection sticker if the windows are tinted. You get this pink slip and must carry it around... if not and you get stopped, $1000 fine. How stupid. However, if the tinted windows are factory, then no charge etc.

Does anybody know and if so, how could I prove it? This is rediculous.

You sure its $1000 thats a little hefty, here in NYC you cant have any front side window tint but if you do the ticket is only like $80

Super coupes came with light tinting.. very light. The stock tint is not enough to get you a fine or ticket anywhere I know of. :cool:

I've been told factory tint is approximately 5% (or 95% light transmission if you prefer to look at it that way).

Minnesota law is must pass 50% light. At least you can have something.

thanks, not sure what the % is on my windows, but it is darker than 5%. It must have been added by the original owner. I was told by the dealer it is a $1000 fine if you have been issued your permit (pink slip) when getting the inspection sticker and not being able to present it when pulled over. Stupid huh.

Any tint that is "on" your window is not Factory tint. Factory tint is a smoked glass, or a dye applied during the manufacturing of the glass. It is not a film that can be removed.

Anything that is a film that can be removed was added after the car left the factory.

Back