PDA

View Full Version : OEM Windows and tint

Clincher
11-27-2005, 11:29 PM
Did the SC come with the windows tinted from the factory? Mississippi has implemented this stupid new tint law that if it is less than 30%, it must be removed. It also costs $5 extra on the inspection sticker if the windows are tinted. You get this pink slip and must carry it around... if not and you get stopped, $1000 fine. How stupid. However, if the tinted windows are factory, then no charge etc.

Does anybody know and if so, how could I prove it? This is rediculous.

trife86
11-27-2005, 11:37 PM
Did the SC come with the windows tinted from the factory? Mississippi has implemented this stupid new tint law that if it is less than 30%, it must be removed. It also costs $5 extra on the inspection sticker if the windows are tinted. You get this pink slip and must carry it around... if not and you get stopped, $1000 fine. How stupid. However, if the tinted windows are factory, then no charge etc.

Does anybody know and if so, how could I prove it? This is rediculous.

You sure its $1000 thats a little hefty, here in NYC you cant have any front side window tint but if you do the ticket is only like $80

TbirdSCFan
11-27-2005, 11:39 PM
Super coupes came with light tinting.. very light. The stock tint is not enough to get you a fine or ticket anywhere I know of. :cool:

Mike8675309
11-28-2005, 12:42 AM
I've been told factory tint is approximately 5% (or 95% light transmission if you prefer to look at it that way).

Minnesota law is must pass 50% light. At least you can have something.

Clincher
11-28-2005, 08:49 AM
thanks, not sure what the % is on my windows, but it is darker than 5%. It must have been added by the original owner. I was told by the dealer it is a $1000 fine if you have been issued your permit (pink slip) when getting the inspection sticker and not being able to present it when pulled over. Stupid huh.

Mike8675309
11-28-2005, 06:49 PM
Any tint that is "on" your window is not Factory tint. Factory tint is a smoked glass, or a dye applied during the manufacturing of the glass. It is not a film that can be removed.

Anything that is a film that can be removed was added after the car left the factory.