Yet Another Problem!!

tattoo

Hey Guys,
Well i have another problem with the sc i just bought,first i had to replace the water pump,than i did the t-stat and gasket,i found out after i put it back on the the t-stat housing was warped all to ~~~~,the amount of high temp silicone that was pasted on it tells me that someone knew it was leaking and warped.So now i get all this done and i find another coolant leak,coming from underneath the pump,all the bolts are set proper and no leaks from the pump,any ideas on what might be leaking?And now i have the smell of gas in the oil,i checked the plugs and they look fine,ideas?Ok so now to the next problem with heap of ~~~~.I have a brake fluid leak coming from underneath it looks like it's coming from the frame rail just under the firewall,ideas??...ok not done yet...i have a power steering fluid leak i think..i check the levels one day and they are fine,the next day almost empty...very strange....not done yet guys...i now have the brake light on,it will stay on for a while and go off,then come back on...ideas??....any advice you guys can give me would be great...i guess i should have taken a better look at this ~~~~box before a bought it...i guess the previous owner should have been more up front aswell....oh well i guess its a good lesson.

Ok.....

tattoo said:
Hey Guys,
Well i have another problem with the sc i just bought,first i had to replace the water pump,than i did the t-stat and gasket,i found out after i put it back on the the t-stat housing was warped all to ~~~~,the amount of high temp silicone that was pasted on it tells me that someone knew it was leaking and warped.So now i get all this done and i find another coolant leak,coming from underneath the pump,all the bolts are set proper and no leaks from the pump,any ideas on what might be leaking?And now i have the smell of gas in the oil,i checked the plugs and they look fine,ideas?Ok so now to the next problem with heap of ~~~~.I have a brake fluid leak coming from underneath it looks like it's coming from the frame rail just under the firewall,ideas??...ok not done yet...i have a power steering fluid leak i think..i check the levels one day and they are fine,the next day almost empty...very strange....not done yet guys...i now have the brake light on,it will stay on for a while and go off,then come back on...ideas??....any advice you guys can give me would be great...i guess i should have taken a better look at this ~~~~box before a bought it...i guess the previous owner should have been more up front aswell....oh well i guess its a good lesson.

The smell of gas is probably the Fuel Pressure regulator stuck open or just bad rings. Did you change the oil recently???? I would change it ASAP and see it the smell comes back.

Leaking brake fluid is common on 1989-1992 SC's. It probably the proportioning valve or the rubber line under the Master Cylinder. The rubber line is an easy fix. The brake light is the low fluid causing the pressure sensor to set the brake light.

The coolant leak could be the timing cover....Hope not because you have to remove the water pump to do so. The coolant leak could also be the thermostat gasket still leaking. Check the drivers side top of the timing cover (under the alternator) and see if coolant is there. If so, redo gasket job.

Any other info, Call me at (973) 277-4294. Always willing to help in need!!!!

Don

The power steering leak might be from the hose that connects to the back of the PS pump, the factory used a cheap pos clamp and it can leak, mine did. There are two hoses, I'm not talking about the one that threads.;)

The brakes, well brakes on these cars can be a nightmare! I'd probably think your leak is coming from the abs pressure switch, this is mounted on the ABS unit itself. This might be the problem with the brake light as well.:eek:

Smell of gas in the oil, hmm.......Leak on your intake manifold? Not sure:confused:

Leak from underneath the pump, well all I can say here is try tightening it or get a new gasket on it.:D

Best of Luck

Thanks for the responses

Well guys,
I have to thank you guys for the responses,i think i have found the leak,after alot of cursing and yelling.Maybe you guys can help with this one?....I found a hole on the w/pump under the pulley..big enough to put my finger in..could this be the 'weep' hole?....i just put a w/pump in,i used a rebuilt againest better judgement.As for the other stuff i think once i get to the root of this problem i will tackle the them on a case by case basis....so the hole under the pulley is the weep hole?...or could it be something else?
Thanks again guys
Ed.:confused:

A hole big enough to stick your finger in:eek: , I can't remember if my water pump has that or not but I want to say no it doesn't. My weep hole is on the top, do you see the fluid coming out of that hole?

weep hole?

no what i thought was the weep hole,on top of the pump is not leaking at all,bone dry....it almost feels like there was a plug or something in it...strange.

Back