15% Od ?

Thunder427

Right now I have a 5% blower OD as you can see.

I was considering getting a 5% jackshaft pulley.. and a 10% blower OD.

anyone doing this on an early style blower ? ported/stock ?

just wondering what gains could be expected PSI/HP wise having the jackshaft 5% with a 10%..

also has anyone seen the "power pulley" on spinning wheels ? what is that ?

thanks.

- Don

If you want 15% I would go with 10% at the J/S and the 5% on the blower. This should result in less belt slip. If you are going with a FMIC you will be able to cool it but I don't know if the early style blower'll be efficient spinning that fast. You could do it but I wouldn't expect huge gains unless you get something like a MP II or MP III.

Over driving the blower will only do so much....

Eaton says that the M-90 is capable of 15,000 rpm...

With stock pullies, you would hit that mark at 5,555 rpm from the crank....

If my math is correct, over driving the blower by 15% will hit that mark at 4.838 rpm from the crank and at 5,500 the blower will be spinning at over 17,000 rpm...

Engines are just air pumps.....

If the heads and exhaust are ported to accept the additional pressure created by the over driving of the blower you should see an increase in power....

But it depends on what you want your motor to do......

Thunder427 said:
Right now I have a 5% blower OD as you can see.

I was considering getting a 5% jackshaft pulley.. and a 10% blower OD.

anyone doing this on an early style blower ? ported/stock ?

just wondering what gains could be expected PSI/HP wise having the jackshaft 5% with a 10%..

also has anyone seen the "power pulley" on spinning wheels ? what is that ?

thanks.

- Don

Don,

You may want to consider the 10% OD crank pulley that MP is now selling. It will require changing back to your stock WP and ALT pulleys.

David

ah ok i see that belt..

i just need a crash course in belts and pulleys.. this is getting confusing to me..

but i see the crank pulley has no belt slip ..

Back