Small Part Needed

tattoo

Hey Guys,
Im looking for a small part for my water pump,Its looks like a push in plug that goes inside the hole just behind the pulley,about 7/8 i think.I have been to home depot and ct and they dont seems to have what im looking for.I have been advised by Ed that this part is not available from ford.Any help would be great...

tattoo said:
Hey Guys,
Im looking for a small part for my water pump,Its looks like a push in plug that goes inside the hole just behind the pulley,about 7/8 i think.I have been to home depot and ct and they dont seems to have what im looking for.I have been advised by Ed that this part is not available from ford.Any help would be great...
You must be talking about an aftermarket w/pump cause the Motorcraft pump doesn't have this feature. I just installed a new aftermarket pump this past weekend. This "plug" sits below the pump shaft in the center of the housing. Kinda looked like a mini freeze plug. You try auto parts stores for that?

Just go to NAPA or any "real" auto parts store and get a freeze plug in the correct size. Mass merchandizers like Autozone probably have it too but many of those places can't look things like that up by size, i.e. they have to go by application so that wouldn't work. But Napa can go strictly by size. You are not gonna find that at home depot or any hardware store, only an Auto Parts store

Back