Noisy fuel pump. What's the best solution?

RedFox

The fuel pump has been whining like an SOB for quite some time now. I believe that when I checked this last year, the replacement only comes as a complete unit. What is the best and hopefully cheapest solution to this. Its really noisy and I think I'm pushing my luck.

I have a complete unit from a 1990 with 200K but I'm concerned about all the labour to remove the tank and potentially have issues with this used one. What do you guys think?

Denis

That's not a bad price for an upgrade. I think that last time I checked, Ford was asking over $250 for the assembly.

Since the bird is my second car, (The Lightning gets all my money) it doesn't see any upgrades. Isn't there a local place that just sells the replacement pump for these cars.

I can't believe that such a small pump can make such a racket. It sounds like a space ship:)

Denis

RedFox said:
That's not a bad price for an upgrade. I think that last time I checked, Ford was asking over $250 for the assembly.

Since the bird is my second car, (The Lightning gets all my money) it doesn't see any upgrades. Isn't there a local place that just sells the replacement pump for these cars.

I can't believe that such a small pump can make such a racket. It sounds like a space ship:)

Denis

Denis,

You can call a jobber and see what they want for a stock replacement pump, but for the money, I think you'd be better off ordering one from APE. You don't have to order the 255 LPH FI pump either. He supplies 190 LPH pumps which are still an upgrade, at a cheaper price than the 255 LPH FI pump. If you don't have any mods on your SC, the 190 LPH pump would be plenty.

Hey, share the wealth, man! The Lightning doesn't have to be the only modded vehicle you've got. ;)

Cheers,

Sean

Sean,
Oh god no! I can't handle two modded vehicles. At this stage, its time for the bird to pay back for all the years of TLC it got...I still enjoy driving the car, but its lucky to get an occasional shower and a band aid.:D

Having said that, I would love to drop a Lightning engine in her. But I give myself a slap and quickly get back to reality.

That's a good option for the pump.

Denis

In case you want a stock pump I have mine sitting in my toolbox that I will never use again has approx 75000 kms on it no problems other then making my car extremly lean. Free if you want it.

pm me if you want it

Eric

shotbirdsc said:
In case you want a stock pump I have mine sitting in my toolbox that I will never use again has approx 75000 kms on it no problems other then making my car extremly lean. Free if you want it.

pm me if you want it

Eric

Thanks Eric,
I'll take you up on your offer. PM sent.
Denis

Back