Stuts VS Struts

Chris McDowell

As with the suspension on the "90SC, the electronically controlled struts, as the cost around here is in the neighborhood of way too much money.......
Will "standard" struts, like the ones used on the other 'Birds work? My question, is the mounting points. I understand that the struts would not work like the originals, however, I need to put struts under my 'Bird and at this point am looking for less expensive alternatives. I do intend to go back to the elec. adjustable struts later in '06, but for now, I am going to keep the wiring in the car, and just not attach it, but wait for the others next year. Please advise.

Thanks

SC spings are higher spring rate than LX T-Birds. I wouldn't recommend stock LX struts/shocks. 96-97 Sport LX shocks might be good though as they came with stiffer spings from the factory. Koni are always recommended too.

Jerry

Shockwave said:
SC spings are higher spring rate than LX T-Birds. I wouldn't recommend stock LX struts/shocks. 96-97 Sport LX shocks might be good though as they came with stiffer spings from the factory. Koni are always recommended too.

Jerry

When I got around to getting shocks on the back of my '97 LX Sport, I found that Ford no longer makes a sport shock for the rear - only the front. I ended up putting a standard Ford LX shock on the back. With the inch and a quarter Addco bar on the back, going from the sport to LX shock didn't seem to make any difference.

Eddie

'90 5-speed SC
'97 LX sport

www.shox.com . I'm using the KYBs. Konis will cost you about as much as stock replacements. If you don't mind deleting the ARC option then you can use whatever you want that fits regular Tbirds.

I got my Bilsteins at Shox.com as well, very smooth and quick transaction. The Bilsteins ride and handle better than the stock adjustable ones did, although I seem to remember something about Bilsteins being discontinued?

I've got Monroe Crap-matic shocks on my '93 daily driver (previous owner installed). I wouldn't take the thing auto-crossing, but it rides down the road just fine. If you are just looking for a temporary solution until you have more money just get some cheap name brand shocks and deal with the slightly decreased performance for now.

i got KYB GR-2's in my car, very cheap and a little stiffer than stock had em in my car for 2 years now, love em

Back