Can the slave go bad from the cold??

Dahoopd

I did the search and almost all slaves that went bad were from just age or recommendation to change it when doing the clutch.

I just put a new clutch kit in about 500 miles ago. (clutch, slave,pressureplate, TO bearing). I drove home the other night and when I went out to start the car the next morning. I pushed the clutch and there was a pop. The pedal went to the floor. I thought it was the gerry rigged hydraulic line I had cut previously so I replaced today and now there is no pressure.

When you first bleed it it will spit out the air and a little fluid but 1000 pumps later there is no pressure. I have done the recommended bleed technique and have been through 3 bottles of fluid and no pressure. Any ideas.

Please dont tell me its the slave unless you have to.

of course slaves go bad when you leave out in the cold. they are human u know. lol. kidding.

have you checked the connection of the push-rod to the cluch pedal? make sure it isnt all worn out. some people have almost died because of the pushrod wearing out the connection on the clutch pedal as it doesnt get a grip and it just sits freely...

anything else ur not telling us? what do u mean by hydraulic line u fixed?

last but not least it might be a bad slave. or a bad master.

would've supplied em a blanket had i known....lol

The master cylinder was replaced the same time as the clutch kit. I cut the trans line....when I pulled the trans even after everyone said dont. I spliced it together with braided fuel line. It held for awhile. Then I rigged it again because of time. well when it popped the other day I figured it was the line. I replaced the line today and now there is no pressure. I cant believe that the slave can go bad in 500 miles and just from sitting in the cold.

Thanks for the help gents, it is the slave cylinder. I can no longer play with this car, they are not worth it and the repairs truely make it understandable why Ford stopped making them and discontinued most of the parts. I love it but dont have the patience for it anymore. It was nice while it lasted but I had to post it on the for sale forum, if it doesnt sell then its a dealer trade. Thanks again

Mine did that once. It broke something on the clutch pedal bracket. Hard as heck to find the part since it was discontinued but my dealer found it somewhere. I also then had the master, slave, pilot, throw out, and clutch changed and the trans rebuilt.

I don't know for sure if its the slave cylinder, look under the dash and see if something broke on the pedal assembly.

Back