Supercharger questions

rad_al_

I've been searching & pretty much got the general concensius about supercharger porting. What I couldn't really find was how easy or hard it is to take it apart as to not get any metal shavings in the bearings. Is it as easy as taking off the bolts or are there some type of alignment issues with the rotors... or something unforseen that I didn't count on. Thanks.

That's kind've a loaded question and in no way can it be easily answered. What's the "general consensus" you found?
Myself, I use stencils & jigs to do porting on just about everything including blowers. Took a lil bit of cowboy research but the end result in performance gains that I've seen speak for themselves.
Good luck in whatever method/technique you use but keep in mind that you should take it easy when ya pick up that grinder. I've had plenty of parts that people sent in that they tried porting and most have been beyond repair. Seems that when the aluminum starts flyin' they get caught up in the moment and don't wanna stop.

good luck,

'bird

it is easy, I am sure there are pins to align the rotors when you open the case. Then just put a piece of duct tape over the bearings when you start grinding.

Back