PDA

View Full Version : What Should The "most Powerful" Rules Be....vote Here....

lube70
12-01-2005, 10:53 AM
Well after reading some posts, I am taking an "SAMPLE" poll on what the rules should be regarding the Most Powerful rules.

The following choices are available. Please only vote correctly...meaning, don't vote in a joking manner. These choices are limited by the amount available to type in the space. Power adders are (Nitrous, Alcohol, propane). Stock bottom end is just that, stock bottom end. What the car came with from the factory (excluding cam modifications, these are allowed).

We are trying to judge if the "SC" should be preserved in the "Fastest and most Powerful", meaning, should be be able to change what the car came with and call it an "SC".

PLEASE, DON'T MAKE THIS A PISSING MATCH BETWEEN THE DIFFERENT STYLES OF BLOWERS OR PERSONAL VENDETTA

Results will be submitted to the "Powers That Be" so that we can solve the problem of "who has the best SC......????

THANK YOU FOR BEING HONEST AND VOTING!!!!!
Don

Quik95SC
12-01-2005, 12:13 PM
Can it be done with several categories?

Consider this. If you are looking for the "most powerful" then it should be no holds barred as long as it is "Supercharged" with a blower, not turbo. Sorry Dave :D

If we could have other categories so others with a different goal could enjoy as well. Most will likely never build an all out motor combo as fast as Kevin, just not their goal, but would like to know how they stack up against other cars with similar modifications. Kinda like in the Shootout classes.

How do these categories sound?

A. Stock motor (head porting OK) with external bolt-ons only and M90 series blower. (only because it cam stock with the M90 series blower)

B. Same as A but with power adders (N2O, alcohol, Propane, methanol, whatever you like)

C. Modded motor w/ heads, cam etc, with any style blower and no power adders

D. Same as C but with power adders (N2O, alcohol, Propane, methanol, whatever you like)

E. Anything goes as long as it is "Supercharged"

F. Same as E above, but unlimited forced induction options or number of cylinders (but then it is no longer a true "SC")

I know this seems like a lot of categories, but it really seems only fair for all those that have different goals they are shooting for not just the "Most Powerful" title.

Just expressing my ideas as I thought about this.

Smitty

SilverCasket
12-01-2005, 12:43 PM
Don. .. These options should be revised a bit. ... Good thinking to see how people vote. But I can't cast a vote on these options as I'd rather see one that says "Stock/Mod Bottom End" ... Ya know. ... Hard to fit a lot of things in I'm sure though.

Anthony

lube70
12-01-2005, 12:56 PM
I tried to change the poll questions and it won't let me. I understand the changes wanted, just can't do it.

I am just getting a feel for what people are interested in. I wanted to add some more catagories and don't know how to do it now.

I am VERY PARTIAL to the whole "an SC is an SC" deal. I bought an SC (OK 4 SC's) because I like the rariety of the car. If we modify it, then it should stay an SC in my book. That's just me though. This is the reason for the poll. The masses rule here and that's why we are all trying to see what's best for everyone.

Personally, nothings better than ROASTING somebody on the track with a V-6!!!!!

Don

Kurt K
12-01-2005, 01:01 PM
Don, I think you're a little premature on this since we know nothing is going to happen on this for a while. Besides, to get the answers, you could almost just resurrect the old thread.

Just my 2

lube70
12-01-2005, 06:40 PM
Don, I think you're a little premature on this since we know nothing is going to happen on this for a while. Besides, to get the answers, you could almost just resurrect the old thread.

Just my 2

Thought about it after posting it......OOPS!!!!

Anyhow, wanted to give the masses again a chance to see what the particulars are for this change.

Don

Mike8675309
12-04-2005, 11:31 PM
As far as I'm concerned, the only requirement to be on any component of the list is that it's chassis has a SC VIN.

After that I'd recommend a list that fits more in line with classes of various racing bodies. so that folks can build to fit into a class and then they are not building such that they through themselve out of a slot on a most powerful list.

It would be nice to show some recognition for folks that go various directions with their SC imaginations.

yardbird
01-16-2006, 02:35 PM
You left out my favorite choice---

"Wishfull thinking while on cinder blocks" :D

YB

David Neibert
01-16-2006, 04:33 PM
Don,

George has recently promised to put the matter up for discussion in the members only forum, similar to what was done concerning personal signatures, pic sizes, banners, avatars ect...

David

CarlisleLandOwn
08-20-2006, 10:28 PM
SC=Super Coupe not Super Charged. What better way to retain the Super in Super Coupe then to advance with the times and start putting the smack down on cars that we use to be able to dominate back in the day? I for one would like to see some SC's with their superior block put the smack down on Turbo Buicks. Its time we start demanding respect of the rest of the world by putting up numbers that are respectable, rather then working 5 times harder to produce so so numbers under the current rules. Lets start taking names and kicking but. By the way, at 400hp Turbo Buicks literally crack stock blocks in half. That’s why they have aftermarket blocks to make any real power. When driving a supercharger that would put us in the 300ish hp range due to friction losses. I don't think we have a problem cracking blocks in the 300hp range. :D

jackpriceisgod
08-21-2006, 12:29 AM
what about modified bottom end, eaton blower, adn power adder??