PDA

View Full Version : check engine light code 66

ndiiorio
12-02-2005, 02:11 AM
90 aod sc with check engine light. koeo gives me a 66 in the computer memory. the book i have says high voltage at MAF sensor. do i need to replace this? if i do need a new sensor can i get a high performance one even though right now my car is totally stock? (minus air silencer) also, when i put my car in gear she hesitates moving til i give her gas even with my foot off the brake. is this early signs of transmission problems? just bought the car not to long ago and i have yet to drive it. the car has 76000 miles i am the third owner, but the second owner drove it for about 500 miles then the abs went out, has been sitting for a year.

RBH Racing
12-02-2005, 10:00 AM
I would record the code and clear the memory out. Being that this is a held memory code it could have been recorded during running or during the KOEO. If it posts the code again on the KOEO then there is a good chance that the sensor or it's circuit is bad. If it posts it only during koeR then there is a whole list of different things that can cause the car to record this code.

Vacuum leaks
misfires
IAC
boost control valve
etc.
etc.
etc.

Ray

ndiiorio
12-03-2005, 02:40 AM
i just finished putting a new water pump, doing the abs conversion and new plugs and wires, belts, etc and i cleared all the codes. when i do a koeo i get the 11 then when i do the koer test it gives me the 66 code? i checked as best i could for vacuum leaks and i cant find any, so would it be a good idea to get a new maf sensor?

4cefed
12-05-2005, 03:07 PM
I've found that the best way to check for vacuum leaks is to get a can of carburetor cleaner and spray down the vacuum lines with it. The idle should jump if there is a leak. Other than that, have you tried cleaning the MAF? It may just be dirty.

Swade
12-05-2005, 09:23 PM
....but you might try and make sure the MAF is plugged in all the way. Mine likes to back off by itself (al it takes is a little engine vibration). I usually forget it does this and it comes off when I move the intake tube to do the plugs, and sure enough there is that dang CEL! I use some elect. tape to keep it secure. Then make sure you remember to clear the codes.

Good Luck
Wade