Car theft..Solution?

Red Head

Well with all the attempted and successful tbird thefts going on i decided to see what i can do to prevent it....

Since it is pretty much impossible to stop a car from being stolen...
(I personally can pop the tbird hood outside the car in less than 5 secs.)Ford design Flaw!!!!!

I did some searching on gps trackin devices like lo-jac....and came across this lil website........
http://www.driveok.com/index.php

For a montly service fee u can track your car From your own computer....plus wen your car is touched or stolen....u automaticly recieve a phone call within three minutes....
(also doubles as teen tracking device)

Since the cops are pretty much worthless at finding stolen cars i thought that if u can actually tell them were the stolen car is u can get the people responsible for the theft in jail alot faster than waiting to find a stripped car in mexico..

I just wanted to know if any one has used or is using this kind of device and if it is worth it???

As of right now i use a very simple kind a car protection.....
I take the shift knob and lil plastic pusher used to shift(auto)!!!OUT!!.....Everywhere I go.....
No one carries a screwdrive that long and skinny to steal a car.......yet

u might also want to try to disable the fuel pump... some guys have put fuel pump shut off switches. If i were you i would trip it that the fuel pump doesnt turn on unless the lower seat belt is strapped in. most people dont even use the lower ones only the upper ones. thats my idea that im gonna do... i think shutting off the fuel pump is the best way to go.

darkstar_one said:
u might also want to try to disable the fuel pump... some guys have put fuel pump shut off switches. If i were you i would trip it that the fuel pump doesnt turn on unless the lower seat belt is strapped in. most people dont even use the lower ones only the upper ones. thats my idea that im gonna do... i think shutting off the fuel pump is the best way to go.

Very ingenious!

fuel pump cutoff switch is definetely one of the ways to go. I have one on my car, and it definetely does not start up when i forget that its switched off. Would also take too much time for someone to search for it, then its worth to them.

On my mustangs i also have ignition cutoff switches, to you dont get any spark or fuel ;)

I have a Boomerang2 system installed.
24 hr peace of mind.
If the car moves just a few feet without the special keyfob present, they automatically start tracking the car and notify you that your car has been stolen and they are on to it.
They can pinpoint the car with-in 3 feet (even underground) and will do so with-in a few minutes.
http://www.boomerangtracking.com/en/technology/boom2.asp

Why not buy a very large dog and bring it with ya everywhere? Nobody'll try to break into a car with an Irish Wolfhound in the backseat! :eek: Joking of course, but it would work!

Red Head said:
Since the cops are pretty much worthless at finding stolen cars i thought that if u can actually tell them were the stolen car is u can get the people responsible for the theft in jail alot faster than waiting to find a stripped car in mexico..

I just wanted to know if any one has used or is using this kind of device and if it is worth it???

I think you may have hit on one flaw, for someone like you who lives close to the border. If they do make it into Mexico, the Cops aren't gonna do a damn thing about getting it back even if you know exactly where it is.

I grew up in Escondido, and worked in Lakeside for 10 years. I had a pickup truck stolen from in front of my family's business (I had left it there overnight with a "for sale" sign on it). It was recovered almost 2 years later, being driven into the U.S. at the San Ysidro border checkpoint! Turns out the poor guy though he owned it legally; he had paperwork where he bought it at a lein sale from a local San Diego towing company. They claimed it was abandoned and they couldn't locate the owner (ME) - - what I suspect happened was it was the towing Company that stole my truck! (About that time the same company was in the news for being in possession of stolen property and a bunch of other stuff...) I got my truck back - - with a different engine, transmission, wheels, and new paint.... and the guy who had "bought it" was going after the towing company....

Where I live now, there's maybe 2 cars a year stolen..... way more likely to have my snowmobile stolen than my car!

Back