Just want to be sure...Pics!

Sampo

Can I take away that big plastic thing which is around the harmonic balancer when I'm changing a new BHJ balancer? Will I need it with my new balancer?

Second pic: I did a little polishing to my double I/C and installed the fan... What do you like it?

Attachments

• pösö 022.jpg
    pösö 022.jpg
    398.2 KB · Views: 253
  • pösö 026.jpg
    pösö 026.jpg
    367.8 KB · Views: 277
Sampo said:
Can I take away that big plastic thing which is around the harmonic balancer when I'm changing a new BHJ balancer? Will I need it with my new balancer?

Second pic: I did a little polishing to my double I/C and installed the fan... What do you like it?

The plastic cover is not necessary. It keeps dirt and junk off the balancer and front seal.

That little fan is cute! :)

i beg to differ the little fan does have an impact on keeping the ic somewhat cooler. I noticed a difference at the track betweeen runs with the fan on, the IC wasnt scorching hot when i staged next. I have a switch to turn it off and on between runs.

I don't think anyone will say that a small fan will not do ANYTHING.... just won't do near as well as a larger fan capable of moving a lot more air. And when you consider that the larger fans generally are not a whole lot more expensive ya might just as wel get the bigger one to begin with. However, most ANY fan will HELP to some degree and be better than a stock setup without a fan.

Tracy

You have to remember where I live...it's cold here almost all the time so I think my little cute :) fan is still enough...

During the driving season the temperature won't be so high here. And if it don't work properly I will buy the bigger one. :cool:

rzimmerl said:
i beg to differ the little fan does have an impact on keeping the ic somewhat cooler. I noticed a difference at the track betweeen runs with the fan on, the IC wasnt scorching hot when i staged next. I have a switch to turn it off and on between runs.

I will do the switch also so I can use it whenever I want...

Was the wiring easy job?

Sampo said:
You have to remember where I live...it's cold here almost all the time so I think my little cute :) fan is still enough...

During the driving season the temperature won't be so high here. And if it don't work properly I will buy the bigger one. :cool:

I didn't say it wouldn't work, I said it was cute! :p

I wire mine to come on with the key but also have a master switch so I can turn it off if I want. Otherwise I'm always forgetting to turn it on/off whatever.

XR7 Dave said:
I didn't say it wouldn't work, I said it was cute! :p

I wire mine to come on with the key but also have a master switch so I can turn it off if I want. Otherwise I'm always forgetting to turn it on/off whatever.

Almost as cute as I am! :D ;)

That wiring sounds good...Maybe I'll do both also...:)

I worked 10 hours yesterday with my SC. Everything went quite easy...I was surprised...have to remember it's Ford...;)

I put the ground to the battery and ran a wire into the fuse panel inside the car. You can use whatever turns and stays on when the car is running or the key is on. I used the gauge cluster fuse if I remember correctly. The fuse never blew once so it was okay obviously.

You can run it through a switch, also.

I Have A 3 Way Switch Wired Into Mine. Either It Is Completely Off, On With The Car, Or I Can Turn It On Manually Even With The Car Off In Between Runs. I Mounted The Switch Under The Hood Where My Battery Used To Be.

Back