Mobil 1 VS. Royal Purple

Thunder427

Hmm I know no matter what type of Synthetic it is, its always better than regular.

My question is, what do you think is best for our application ?

just a summer/daily driving street machine ?

also im wondering about their "purple ice". when i get the MPFMIC this winter, im wondering if that, and getting rid of my AC condensor ( compressor is done for, ac is useless now ) will help any over heating problems i may encounter this summer. Any one using this and seeing a significant difference over standard anti-freeze ?

thanks

Purple Ice works great. The more water you have in your system the better it works. Removing your AC should help your car run cooler. You can also jump the evaporator plug to make your low fan come on whenever you use the AC or defrost button. That's how mine is set up and it works great. Your disadvantage living in Syracuse will be that the defroster won't work as well in the winter or rainy weather.Royal purple was dyno tested on one of the TV car shows and with all fluids Royal purple it showed a small HP gain. I applied for a job at Fort Drum Army base so maybe if I get the job we could meet up sometime.
-Jeremy

heh, well i dont intend on driving it in winter.

but thats Syracuse for you... 10 below winters with a million inches of snow on avg, and then 90 degree summers.

you have to be tough to live here :)

but yeah that sounds good, nice pics next to the memphis belle.

Thunder427 said:
heh, well i dont intend on driving it in winter.

but thats Syracuse for you... 10 below winters with a million inches of snow on avg, and then 90 degree summers.

you have to be tough to live here :)

but yeah that sounds good, nice pics next to the memphis belle.
I grew up in the Tonawandas near Buffalo so I know all about the winters!:D The good thing about Albuquerque is that I can drive here all year round. My car doesn't have a speck of rust on it!

It was Horsepower TV where they dyno tested Royal Purple products. They replaced ALL fluid in a late model (2001 ??) Camaro. Engine oil, trans fluid, rear end lube, Royal Ice in the coolant, power streering fluid.... everything that Royal Purple offers and showed an improvement of 15 RWHP on the dyno. Not bad really.

Tracy

Back