Aluminum Spare

txsc

Anyone have an aluminum spare tire/wheel assembly they want to get rid of? Don't really need one, but they're kind of cool, and I wouldn't mind having one for a novelty.

JD

txsc said:
Anyone have an aluminum spare tire/wheel assembly they want to get rid of? Don't really need one, but they're kind of cool, and I wouldn't mind having one for a novelty.

JD

Hello????????????

seawalkersee said:
Thats Prolly a NO...I wold like a pair of emmm too. I cant clear my fronts witht the factory spare.

Chris

If the steel spares won't clear your front brakes, the SC aluminum spares won't either. They are 15" wheels, too (I have a pair, but I'm using them :p ).

The Mark 8 had a 16" spare, which IIRC was aluminum.

-Rod

Did all the Marks have aluminum spares? I actually have the Mark brakes on the front of the LX (GREAT UPGRADE) and that is what went wrong.

Chris

I have one that fits over the bigger brakes. It's from the new TBird. 2002 I think it was. Bought it new on ebay. Of course I need to keep it :) but you should be able to get those fairly easy.

It looks just like the regular SC spare. Slight larger OD (it won't fit in the tire sopt in the trunk) and is a 17" wheel. Mine was painted black.

seawalkersee said:
Thats Prolly a NO...I wold like a pair of emmm too. I cant clear my fronts witht the factory spare.

Chris

I just want one to throw in my trunk. You guys are using them for something else???

nope, I just throw it in the trunk on longer trips as the stock one won't fit over the 13" front brakes. I don't carry it all the time as it will not fit in the stock location. It's too big. On trips i usually put my tools in the tire hole and the spare over it.

txsc said:
I just want one to throw in my trunk. You guys are using them for something else???

I'm using a pair of the wheels along with a pair of skinny Kumho's on the front of the car at the track.

-Rod

Back